Review Detail

Gainesville Coins
Gold Dealers

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Reviewed by paul b | January 24, 2014

This is definitely the worst experience I've ever had ordering online.
I called about 2hrs. after placing my order online because I kept reading the reviews and discovered one that mentioned a COUNTERFIT coin. I didn't bother reading all or even how it was rectified or even if it was. I don't want to have to worry about that and couldn't imagine losing $1200 or more.
So I called and tried to cancel the order. Spoke with someone and they said they couldn't since the order would have already been processed and product readying for packaging. I sent an email after that and only received NASTY, THREATENING emails, telling me how much they could sue in court if I didn't sent the money order by a certain date. It only got more NASTY over the next couple of days.
I ended up sending them nearly $800 to get out of this NIGHTMARE!
These boys are so very bad that when I got the notification they received the money, they sent me information on how to order again...after telling me I couldn't ever order from them again!
Terrible amateurs and it's no wonder one of them went bankrupt in the past. Probably will go bankrupt again if they keep up this VERRY VERRY NASTY, TERRIBLE behavior.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
This is definitely the worst experience I've ever had ordering online.
I called about 2hrs. after placing my order online because I kept reading the reviews and discovered one that mentioned a COUNTERFIT coin. I didn't bother reading all or even how it was rectified or even if it was. I don't want to have to worry about that and couldn't imagine losing $1200 or more.
So I called and tried to cancel the order. Spoke with someone and they said they couldn't since the order would have already been processed and product readying for packaging. I sent an email after that and only received NASTY, THREATENING emails, telling me how much they could sue in court if I didn't sent the money order by a certain date. It only got more NASTY over the next couple of days.
I ended up sending them nearly $800 to get out of this NIGHTMARE!
These boys are so very bad that when I got the notification they received the money, they sent me information on how to order again...after telling me I couldn't ever order from them again!
Terrible amateurs and it's no wonder one of them went bankrupt in the past. Probably will go bankrupt again if they keep up this VERRY VERRY NASTY, TERRIBLE behavior.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by SCope
February 05, 2014
You need to understand that when you click on a button to commit to purchasing gold, the buyer then locks that price in immediately. You should be happy because 20 minutes later gold may increase $20 on ounce, but you will still only be charged the "lock-in" price. Because of this "lock-in", they "must" complete that purchase within 48 hours, one way or another. When you decided to cancel, it was impossible for them to cancel their purchase from the market. They don't want to buy extra gold for themselves, they want to be the middleman, and make a modest 1 to 5 percent and move on to the next customer.
1 results - showing 1 - 1