Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Tricksters

Reviewed by Krishna Bhat | February 19, 2014

I saw this advertisement for gold British Victoria sovereigns, and ordered two. I received George head coins not the Victoria heads.
The Post shipment guys wrote me that they will give free shipment next time as a consolation. I tried to explain that at least they should replace one of the two with the Victoria head , for which the guys emailed saying they have none currently in stock. Two days later the same advertisement showed up indicating those coins are now available. So I called. The customer rep was rude and told me that if I don't like the coin I can return for refund -- but the price of gold and the coins had gone up in the meantime and I could get more by selling them. They advertise one thing and send something else; they do try to cover this trick by saying coins can be from this date to that date but if you are looking for Victoria head coins, you will get George heads (cleverly packaged by giving dates not descriptions although the title of the ad says Victoria). High shipping charges as well.

Obviously they do not care and not buying from them is the best choice.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I saw this advertisement for gold British Victoria sovereigns, and ordered two. I received George head coins not the Victoria heads.
The Post shipment guys wrote me that they will give free shipment next time as a consolation. I tried to explain that at least they should replace one of the two with the Victoria head , for which the guys emailed saying they have none currently in stock. Two days later the same advertisement showed up indicating those coins are now available. So I called. The customer rep was rude and told me that if I don't like the coin I can return for refund -- but the price of gold and the coins had gone up in the meantime and I could get more by selling them. They advertise one thing and send something else; they do try to cover this trick by saying coins can be from this date to that date but if you are looking for Victoria head coins, you will get George heads (cleverly packaged by giving dates not descriptions although the title of the ad says Victoria). High shipping charges as well.

Obviously they do not care and not buying from them is the best choice.

Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by D
May 23, 2015
Similar thing happened to me. False advertisers.
1 results - showing 1 - 1