Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Terrible Shipping Scratched AU Coins

Reviewed by Richard Robens | March 14, 2014

Provident Metals shipped my coins with no bubble wrap, newspaper or other protective material. One of the coin tubes cracked and I received half of the Almost Uncirculated Morgan Silver dollars significantly scratched. I had ordered $3,200 worth of coins, appoximately $700 dollars worth were scratched due to improper packaging. In e-mailing a rep and having a phone conversation, I stated they should pay for shipping that included a signature receipt of the merchandise I was returning. They sent me a label that would have no proof that I returned the merchandise so I had to pay another $14 to return the coins. I thought it was better to lose $14 on shipping than the $700 worth of coins. I received an automated e-mail stating they received my returned coins. Its been three days and a phone rep stated they will be reviewing the return. My thoughts were you wanted my payment postmarked the next day but you haven't looked at the coins I returned, made me pay to ship them back and are delaying the return of my new coins? How was my order not a priority? If Provident Metals steals my coins I will be taking them to court for the value of my coins and file with the Better Business Bureau. I asked the phone rep I spoke to on 3/14/2014 if he were in my shoes would he ever do business with his company again? He said yes. This company is clueless when it comes to accountablility and how to be a reputable company. I will never do business with them again.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Provident Metals shipped my coins with no bubble wrap, newspaper or other protective material. One of the coin tubes cracked and I received half of the Almost Uncirculated Morgan Silver dollars significantly scratched. I had ordered $3,200 worth of coins, appoximately $700 dollars worth were scratched due to improper packaging. In e-mailing a rep and having a phone conversation, I stated they should pay for shipping that included a signature receipt of the merchandise I was returning. They sent me a label that would have no proof that I returned the merchandise so I had to pay another $14 to return the coins. I thought it was better to lose $14 on shipping than the $700 worth of coins. I received an automated e-mail stating they received my returned coins. Its been three days and a phone rep stated they will be reviewing the return. My thoughts were you wanted my payment postmarked the next day but you haven't looked at the coins I returned, made me pay to ship them back and are delaying the return of my new coins? How was my order not a priority? If Provident Metals steals my coins I will be taking them to court for the value of my coins and file with the Better Business Bureau. I asked the phone rep I spoke to on 3/14/2014 if he were in my shoes would he ever do business with his company again? He said yes. This company is clueless when it comes to accountablility and how to be a reputable company. I will never do business with them again.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Matt Bowers
March 21, 2014
I agree with you. They are lost when it comes to customer service. I will never deal with them again and plan on posting on every site I can find to help them out along with filing a complaint with BBB. Just go to www.bbb.org to file.
1 results - showing 1 - 1