Review Detail

Golden Eagle Coins
Gold Dealers

Excessive fees

Reviewed by Wiseguy | June 12, 2014

I bought a coin which is good. I got charged $38.60 to use PayPal. I called PayPal and they told me they should not be charging this high fee for a customer to use PayPal to buy their items. With the high price they charge for shipping $24.95 Priority insured which is way more then the real cost they ripped me off of $63.55 in excess fees. I will never buy again with these high fees as there are many other companies that charge far less and free shipping. I have also filed a complaint with the Attorney generals Office in their state.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I bought a coin which is good. I got charged $38.60 to use PayPal. I called PayPal and they told me they should not be charging this high fee for a customer to use PayPal to buy their items. With the high price they charge for shipping $24.95 Priority insured which is way more then the real cost they ripped me off of $63.55 in excess fees. I will never buy again with these high fees as there are many other companies that charge far less and free shipping. I have also filed a complaint with the Attorney generals Office in their state.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

5 results - showing 1 - 5

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Golden Eagle Coins
June 22, 2014
It is standard practice in low profit margin industries such as gold & silver bullion for there to be 2 sets of prices. Typically this is a "Cash" price and a credit card price. We also have worked out a rate with Paypal to save an entire 1% to offer another option to customers. All payment methods are offered at checkout with their fees listed, if any. When I spoke with this customer on the phone I explained that he could change his payment method but he was adamant about using Paypal. We made every attempt to resolve this issue to no avail.
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by David
July 01, 2014
Thanks for followup. It shows you want to resolve the issue. What about the shipping fees?
Written by Paul
August 10, 2014
Can you order product through your smart phone? I'm having serious issues with trying to order through my iPhone on your website. I tried a desktop and my order went through. I made many attempts before getting on a desktop and all my attempts on my iPhone just would not go through. When trying to choose payment type such as paypal or credit card it just wouldn't allow it on smartphone. I have ordered from various companies through my smartphone without any problems, but your website just doesn't seem to work with a smartphone.
Written by ARMENAK NALBANDYAN
February 24, 2016
I will recommend everybody to stay away from this company. They are total scams. They charge your money and keep it for a month and refund it after you dispute. Be aware!!!
Written by 4LeafClover
January 12, 2017
I don't understand why it often takes Golden Eagle Coins anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks to ship out an order while JM Bullion and APMEX both got mine shipped in 3 or 4 hours. I actually received the merchandise from both in 3 days. It has been longer than 3 days and Golden Eagle Coins still has not even shipped my order with them. If I were the CEO of Golden Eagle Coins I would be very concerned that my company is not doing things that competitors are doing with respect to shipping orders promptly. I have seen enough complaint forums to know that very slow shipping of orders is very much a pattern with Golden Eagle Coins. It pissed me off that Golden Eagle Coins twice sent me emails advertising other products they had for sale before they had even shipped my existing order.
5 results - showing 1 - 5