Review Detail

JM Bullion
Gold Dealers

Misleading. And Slowwwwww

Reviewed by Bob | October 20, 2014

I hate giving 1 star reviews. In many cases, its unfair.
I was REALLY hoping that with the mixed reviews i found online, I would have a positive experience and be able to order from them with regularity.
Mainly because 'Free Shipping' is quite a nice perk.
Other than that, i have no loyalties to any particular company as of yet. They're all selling the same thing.
However.....their banner ads state (and I quote) "Orders Ship within 24 hours". Yes, i have a screen capture of that if necessary.
Since i paid by check I understand if they hold the check for the agreed upon time period. Thats not when the clock starts ticking.
But when SEVERAL DAYS have elapsed after i receive their confirmation email and no contact, no confirmation of shipping is received, i begin to worry.
There ARE some scams and illegitimate companies out there selling things on the internet and never delivering....so:
I call. No answer.
I call back. Call dropped.
I call again, put on hold and finally i'm talking to a live person (I like that)
Excuse, excuse - including "Oh, i see you ordered some Silver Leafs. We are waiting on those."
So, i ask you, how in the world can one fulfill "Orders Ship within 24 hours" if you don't HAVE the stuff?
So, by the end of the next business day, i get my second confirmation email.
They have "generated a shipping label".
Which, i find out, isn't the same as actually shipping my stuff.
And the UPS tracking code doesn't work because 3 days later, UPS emails me and states "WHEN the Parcel arrives at our facility, we will provide you with tracking information" (capitalization mine)
So, what JMBullion was doing was stalling, giving me the 'speech' to buy some time.

I would respect a straight-forward answer and some communication a lot more.

However, some other reviewers have stated that this is a small company, run by a few people, and i guess everyone has to play several roles.

I can appreciate that a small company goes through some growing pains.
Cutting corners in the customer service area, and not being upfront with those who spend thousands of dollars on product is a sure way of losing customers who are giving them a shot.

I REALLY had hoped that this would be a positive experience, as i believe they have better prices (and free shipping) than the competition that I have seen thus far.

However, I get a little nervous when good money is spent and a business plays games to buy time.
I have still not received my product.
I am really hoping that I receive my purchase.
I am more than a little worried that i may not.

If the review had an area for "Price" or "Shipping Price" or something like that, i would have given them higher ratings, as they deserve a fair rating for the services they offer.
However, the only areas for which there are stars, are the exact areas they perform so poorly.

JMBULLION - Please consider how your service impacts those who are truly interested in investing in PM's. Free shipping is a nice perk, but not a replacement for professional business ethics.
(Also, i would not have given you a public rating if i could have gotten satisfaction privately)

INVESTORS - Look at how MANY people have had poor experiences with JMBullion and ask yourself if it's worth it.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I hate giving 1 star reviews. In many cases, its unfair.
I was REALLY hoping that with the mixed reviews i found online, I would have a positive experience and be able to order from them with regularity.
Mainly because 'Free Shipping' is quite a nice perk.
Other than that, i have no loyalties to any particular company as of yet. They're all selling the same thing.
However.....their banner ads state (and I quote) "Orders Ship within 24 hours". Yes, i have a screen capture of that if necessary.
Since i paid by check I understand if they hold the check for the agreed upon time period. Thats not when the clock starts ticking.
But when SEVERAL DAYS have elapsed after i receive their confirmation email and no contact, no confirmation of shipping is received, i begin to worry.
There ARE some scams and illegitimate companies out there selling things on the internet and never delivering....so:
I call. No answer.
I call back. Call dropped.
I call again, put on hold and finally i'm talking to a live person (I like that)
Excuse, excuse - including "Oh, i see you ordered some Silver Leafs. We are waiting on those."
So, i ask you, how in the world can one fulfill "Orders Ship within 24 hours" if you don't HAVE the stuff?
So, by the end of the next business day, i get my second confirmation email.
They have "generated a shipping label".
Which, i find out, isn't the same as actually shipping my stuff.
And the UPS tracking code doesn't work because 3 days later, UPS emails me and states "WHEN the Parcel arrives at our facility, we will provide you with tracking information" (capitalization mine)
So, what JMBullion was doing was stalling, giving me the 'speech' to buy some time.

I would respect a straight-forward answer and some communication a lot more.

However, some other reviewers have stated that this is a small company, run by a few people, and i guess everyone has to play several roles.

I can appreciate that a small company goes through some growing pains.
Cutting corners in the customer service area, and not being upfront with those who spend thousands of dollars on product is a sure way of losing customers who are giving them a shot.

I REALLY had hoped that this would be a positive experience, as i believe they have better prices (and free shipping) than the competition that I have seen thus far.

However, I get a little nervous when good money is spent and a business plays games to buy time.
I have still not received my product.
I am really hoping that I receive my purchase.
I am more than a little worried that i may not.

If the review had an area for "Price" or "Shipping Price" or something like that, i would have given them higher ratings, as they deserve a fair rating for the services they offer.
However, the only areas for which there are stars, are the exact areas they perform so poorly.

JMBULLION - Please consider how your service impacts those who are truly interested in investing in PM's. Free shipping is a nice perk, but not a replacement for professional business ethics.
(Also, i would not have given you a public rating if i could have gotten satisfaction privately)

INVESTORS - Look at how MANY people have had poor experiences with JMBullion and ask yourself if it's worth it.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.