Review Detail

Believe the bad reviews

Reviewed by Wes Hellner | December 04, 2014

My bad. Sometimes you figure the bad reviews were written by the "few" who had a poor experience. I should have believed them. I ordered $500.00 of Washington quarters on 8/4/14. Yes I knew that they even say that sometimes they delay shipments if there is a "shortage". I took my chances and ordered. Within 30 days I got an email saying that the shipment would be delayed till 10/4/14 but they reserved the right to not ship till 11/24/14. Yes these possible delays are disclosed in the small print. Since I had not received confirmation of delivery by 11/23/14 I planned to exercise my right to cancel the transaction and get my money back. What a surprise... I got my confirmation of shipment on 11/24/14. So I am ticked off at all the delays but would live with the whole experience since the quarters were finally on the way. They arrived and guess what...$500 of DIMES. I called them, talked to "Kim" the manager and her response was that they were covered because it is all in the small print. I know the value is the same but I DO NOT BUY DIMES.
I believe they play the "float" with your money and delay as long as they can before being forced to make the delivery and even then it may not be what was ordered. I now purchase from Apmex. They only let you order when they have the product on hand and ship immediately. A class operation. Believe the reviews, the few "good" reviews are the exceptiion.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
My bad. Sometimes you figure the bad reviews were written by the "few" who had a poor experience. I should have believed them. I ordered $500.00 of Washington quarters on 8/4/14. Yes I knew that they even say that sometimes they delay shipments if there is a "shortage". I took my chances and ordered. Within 30 days I got an email saying that the shipment would be delayed till 10/4/14 but they reserved the right to not ship till 11/24/14. Yes these possible delays are disclosed in the small print. Since I had not received confirmation of delivery by 11/23/14 I planned to exercise my right to cancel the transaction and get my money back. What a surprise... I got my confirmation of shipment on 11/24/14. So I am ticked off at all the delays but would live with the whole experience since the quarters were finally on the way. They arrived and guess what...$500 of DIMES. I called them, talked to "Kim" the manager and her response was that they were covered because it is all in the small print. I know the value is the same but I DO NOT BUY DIMES.
I believe they play the "float" with your money and delay as long as they can before being forced to make the delivery and even then it may not be what was ordered. I now purchase from Apmex. They only let you order when they have the product on hand and ship immediately. A class operation. Believe the reviews, the few "good" reviews are the exceptiion.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.