Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Not Perfect, but the best in the business.

Reviewed by Michaels | December 09, 2014

The Pro's are obvious: Great selection of products "in stock". Quick ship. Good reputation.
The Con's: Shipping isn't Free. Premiums are too high, even for bullion bars which should be very little over spot. Some premiums for silver bars are as high as sovereign minted coins like Maples, Eagles, etc. That just shouldn't be. Overall, APMEX is a great place to buy Precious Metals. In the few times that i've actually had to deal with Customer Service, it's been as pleasant as i should expect in this day in age where customers are dispensable. APMEX isn't perfect, but they're the Industry Leader in my opinion.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
The Pro's are obvious: Great selection of products "in stock". Quick ship. Good reputation.
The Con's: Shipping isn't Free. Premiums are too high, even for bullion bars which should be very little over spot. Some premiums for silver bars are as high as sovereign minted coins like Maples, Eagles, etc. That just shouldn't be. Overall, APMEX is a great place to buy Precious Metals. In the few times that i've actually had to deal with Customer Service, it's been as pleasant as i should expect in this day in age where customers are dispensable. APMEX isn't perfect, but they're the Industry Leader in my opinion.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.