Review Detail

Heed The Warnings!

Reviewed by Lawrence | January 20, 2015

Like others, I assumed that the negative reviews were from a minority of customers. Surely, a company with this many bad reviews couldn't continue in business! How wrong I was! I placed a silver order on Sept 8 and received a projected ship window near the end of November. On the final day of the window, I received an email stating that the new ship date would be no later than Dec 29. On Dec 30, I had not received any notification of shipment, so I called and was told that NW Mint needed an additional 4-6 weeks to ship my order. At that time, I exercised my option to cancel my order and receive a full refund. When I was told to expect the refund in 2-3 weeks, I asked them to expedite the refund and was told that my request would be marked urgent. The refund check was issued on Jan 12, and I finally received it on Jan 20. Thus, they had the use of my money for 4 months. NW Mint expects its customers to pay promptly, but they are slow to act on the orders. The only good thing to come out of this experience is that the price of silver dropped during that 4 month period. I highly recommend that you shop elsewhere for your precious metals.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Like others, I assumed that the negative reviews were from a minority of customers. Surely, a company with this many bad reviews couldn't continue in business! How wrong I was! I placed a silver order on Sept 8 and received a projected ship window near the end of November. On the final day of the window, I received an email stating that the new ship date would be no later than Dec 29. On Dec 30, I had not received any notification of shipment, so I called and was told that NW Mint needed an additional 4-6 weeks to ship my order. At that time, I exercised my option to cancel my order and receive a full refund. When I was told to expect the refund in 2-3 weeks, I asked them to expedite the refund and was told that my request would be marked urgent. The refund check was issued on Jan 12, and I finally received it on Jan 20. Thus, they had the use of my money for 4 months. NW Mint expects its customers to pay promptly, but they are slow to act on the orders. The only good thing to come out of this experience is that the price of silver dropped during that 4 month period. I highly recommend that you shop elsewhere for your precious metals.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Les Faust
January 29, 2015
I will NEVER deal with Nothtwest Territorial Mint again. Tired of getting lied to. They take your money for months and WILL NOT SHIP your order. Stay Away.
Written by Mac
January 30, 2015
The exact same thing happened to me, almost the exact same timeline. I was able to request a full refund on 12/31. Refund was supposed to be processed on 1/2/15 and was not. I was told it would be processed on 1/5 and mailed on 1/6 - it wasn't. On 1/7 I asked about my refund and was told the check was not mailed and would be mailed on 1/7 - it wasn't. Finally (allegedly) it was mailed on 1/8 and I was told to expect it "shortly". It's now 1/30/15 and I still do not have my money back.

I'm convinced they are just using customer funds as 0% interest loans to purchase options with no intention of sending product to its small customers.

I wonder of there is a legal option here for class action suits for the way they've treated so many customers in the past...
2 results - showing 1 - 2