Review Detail

Gainesville Coins
Gold Dealers

STAY AWAY!

Reviewed by Veritas Pescador | January 24, 2015

I have purchased upwards of $90,000 worth of precious metals from this dealer when they failed to give me the correct wiring information in order to PAY them for my most current order. Having just contacted them on the phone, I wired the money to their old account and it, of course, failed. Mind you, these people do not take personal or cashier checks and they charge a draconian amount if it's put on your credit card.

I am already out $40 worth of fees due to their negligence and they still won't make this right. Additionally, they place 5% of the transaction on your credit card until they receive payment which means I have to contest that charge on my statement because this business is not getting one dime more from me.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Geez. They told me that they had to "verify with their IT department" as to whether or not the automated email giving the instructions failed. Their response was sending the email out to me HOURS after I placed the order and attempted to wire the money.

BOTTOM LINE: There are plenty of other bullion dealers out there that are willing to do the right thing by their clientele. Unfortunately, Gainesville Coins is definitely not one of them.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I have purchased upwards of $90,000 worth of precious metals from this dealer when they failed to give me the correct wiring information in order to PAY them for my most current order. Having just contacted them on the phone, I wired the money to their old account and it, of course, failed. Mind you, these people do not take personal or cashier checks and they charge a draconian amount if it's put on your credit card.

I am already out $40 worth of fees due to their negligence and they still won't make this right. Additionally, they place 5% of the transaction on your credit card until they receive payment which means I have to contest that charge on my statement because this business is not getting one dime more from me.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Geez. They told me that they had to "verify with their IT department" as to whether or not the automated email giving the instructions failed. Their response was sending the email out to me HOURS after I placed the order and attempted to wire the money.

BOTTOM LINE: There are plenty of other bullion dealers out there that are willing to do the right thing by their clientele. Unfortunately, Gainesville Coins is definitely not one of them.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.