Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Good, but has become too expensive

Reviewed by Dmitri | February 07, 2015

I've bought and sold quite a bit with APMEX. Unfortunately, their premiums have risen a bit too far the past year. Previously, their specials were quite good. Now, only if you are ordering at the highest quantities are they reasonable. Their selection is impressive. Only a few times have I been a bit disappointed (from shattered plastic covering on 10oz bars, which cut me to very battered, but new Silvertown bars). As buyers, they were very reliable. Given the issues involved in bullion trading, I am not too upset about delays in check clearance and shipping. The bullion business is simply not like Amazon selling books.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I've bought and sold quite a bit with APMEX. Unfortunately, their premiums have risen a bit too far the past year. Previously, their specials were quite good. Now, only if you are ordering at the highest quantities are they reasonable. Their selection is impressive. Only a few times have I been a bit disappointed (from shattered plastic covering on 10oz bars, which cut me to very battered, but new Silvertown bars). As buyers, they were very reliable. Given the issues involved in bullion trading, I am not too upset about delays in check clearance and shipping. The bullion business is simply not like Amazon selling books.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.