Review Detail

Monex
Gold Dealers

Be aware of hidden costs and surprises

Reviewed by Jane | March 24, 2015

You will be persuaded to do financing with them. Do not fall into this trap.

The shipping and handling costs change from day to day, depends on who you talk to and when you make the phone call.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
You will be persuaded to do financing with them. Do not fall into this trap.

The shipping and handling costs change from day to day, depends on who you talk to and when you make the phone call.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by howard friedman
June 07, 2016
I can see why this dealer is rated only 1 out of 5. Bought (20) 1oz Krugerrands and (10) 1oz Maple Leafs. Was told I would get 2016 Krugerrands and got all 1970's circulated coins. One Maple Leaf had a large gouge and I'm trying to return it for a clean coin. Also hefty delivery cost. Asked to return Krugerrands for 2016 coins... no luck so far. Don't expect they will. Waiting to hear back about returning the gouged Maple Leaf. If they don't make this right with me will not do business again with Monex.
Written by rick leonard
August 16, 2016
did finance 100 silver eagles. they were delivered and look good. did pay a storage fee and a interest and lease charge (about $40). when I called about having them shipped I also wanted to buy 10 gold eagles. they convinced me to lock in a price. after thinking about it for about 15 minutes I called them back and cancelled. they said it was highly unusual but they would do a 'default'. I paid a shipping fee $28 for my silver. after about a week I noticed they cashed my check. at the same time I got a statement from them showing a purchase for 10 gold eagles and a default on same with a turnaround commishon (buy/sell charge) of just under $500! note - no mention of this at all before the transaction. somehow the math put me in a deficit of $730!!! I was afraid they would hold my silver hostage until I paid - but luckily that didn't happen. beware!
2 results - showing 1 - 2