Review Detail

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!! Be warned.....

Reviewed by Kevin Blevins | June 13, 2015

SCAM ! SCAM ! SCAM !

The only reason NWT Mint even got one star was there was no option for anything lower....

Like others here, I had the misfortune of actually dealing with this company. I ordered $250 face value of silver dimes back in January, 2015. I actaully read all the "legal speak" at the order form, but *unfortunately* I figured that was covering the company in case of extreme circumstances. I actually called their customer service rep, Kim, who assured me that "95% of our orders are shipped out in a week or so". So, like a fool, I ordered. I saw on the information page where I had been charged on January 21, with a delivery date of March 21 !! But, going off of the customer service rep had told me, I decided to wait a week or so - I was sure they would ship. After the two weeks, I again contacted Kim, who stated that due to unprecedented demand, that the orders were backed up. I questioned that if she knew that they were months behind - why didn't she tell me that upfront when I called earlier. I was told that I had to have read the contract to order - and I agreed to the terms when buying....

Now, I was stuck. So, I figured I would make the best of the situation and wait patiently for my order. Of course, they had my money for two months interest free. March 20th rolled around (the day before my order was supposed to be shipped), and I was contacted by Kim and told that due to high volumes, that my order was going to be delayed another month!! Of course, I could cancel my order (at a substantial loss), or I could get a full refund after the one month waiting period (again!)

I finally had had enough and contacted my credit card company. I filed a complaint against the company, and started legal proceedings. Imagine my surprise when after 3 months of them holding my money interst-free (and the day before I could start the legal process) - a package showed up at my house. I had ordered $250 face value of dimes - and I had received $250 face value of quarters. I contacted Kim (again), and her response was that they could substitute products at their discretion....

I will never order from this company again, and I urge you to take caution. They will promise anything to try and get your $$$ interest free and hold it for months while you wait - wondering if you have been scammed.

Just a side note - I ordered from APMEX at the end of this debacle. They had charged my card on a Friday afternoon. Monday the package was in the mail. It arrived on Thursday (less than a week!), and the product was exactly as promised. APMEX is the way to go, and I would recommend them highly....

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
SCAM ! SCAM ! SCAM !

The only reason NWT Mint even got one star was there was no option for anything lower....

Like others here, I had the misfortune of actually dealing with this company. I ordered $250 face value of silver dimes back in January, 2015. I actaully read all the "legal speak" at the order form, but *unfortunately* I figured that was covering the company in case of extreme circumstances. I actually called their customer service rep, Kim, who assured me that "95% of our orders are shipped out in a week or so". So, like a fool, I ordered. I saw on the information page where I had been charged on January 21, with a delivery date of March 21 !! But, going off of the customer service rep had told me, I decided to wait a week or so - I was sure they would ship. After the two weeks, I again contacted Kim, who stated that due to unprecedented demand, that the orders were backed up. I questioned that if she knew that they were months behind - why didn't she tell me that upfront when I called earlier. I was told that I had to have read the contract to order - and I agreed to the terms when buying....

Now, I was stuck. So, I figured I would make the best of the situation and wait patiently for my order. Of course, they had my money for two months interest free. March 20th rolled around (the day before my order was supposed to be shipped), and I was contacted by Kim and told that due to high volumes, that my order was going to be delayed another month!! Of course, I could cancel my order (at a substantial loss), or I could get a full refund after the one month waiting period (again!)

I finally had had enough and contacted my credit card company. I filed a complaint against the company, and started legal proceedings. Imagine my surprise when after 3 months of them holding my money interst-free (and the day before I could start the legal process) - a package showed up at my house. I had ordered $250 face value of dimes - and I had received $250 face value of quarters. I contacted Kim (again), and her response was that they could substitute products at their discretion....

I will never order from this company again, and I urge you to take caution. They will promise anything to try and get your $$$ interest free and hold it for months while you wait - wondering if you have been scammed.

Just a side note - I ordered from APMEX at the end of this debacle. They had charged my card on a Friday afternoon. Monday the package was in the mail. It arrived on Thursday (less than a week!), and the product was exactly as promised. APMEX is the way to go, and I would recommend them highly....
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.