Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Terrible Customer Service/Inaccurate Description of Service

Reviewed by Kevin Filippini | January 22, 2016

Ordered a gold coin from Provident on 12/30/2015. They asked that I send postmarked payment by 12/31/2015. Sent payment on 12/31/2015. According to Provident, payment was not received by them until 1/8/2016. This is a lie. Then I contacted the customer service hotline and discussed that I would be out of town the week of 1/18-1/22. I explained that I could have my mail held if they were shipping it USPS and that this would be acceptable. She assured me that it would be shipped USPS. I later recevied an email that my order was shipped UPS and that the scheduled delivery date would be on 1/18. Of course I am out-of-town and cannot receive it. I promptly called Chandler who said that he would check into the situation and call me back the next business day. He never called. After I filed a complaint with the company he sent me a message saying that he attempted to call me but I did not answer. Another lie. My phone was on all day and I never received an email. Now I must travel 25 miles to a UPS center to pick up this order. Poor customer service. Poor communication. Cannot trust them.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Ordered a gold coin from Provident on 12/30/2015. They asked that I send postmarked payment by 12/31/2015. Sent payment on 12/31/2015. According to Provident, payment was not received by them until 1/8/2016. This is a lie. Then I contacted the customer service hotline and discussed that I would be out of town the week of 1/18-1/22. I explained that I could have my mail held if they were shipping it USPS and that this would be acceptable. She assured me that it would be shipped USPS. I later recevied an email that my order was shipped UPS and that the scheduled delivery date would be on 1/18. Of course I am out-of-town and cannot receive it. I promptly called Chandler who said that he would check into the situation and call me back the next business day. He never called. After I filed a complaint with the company he sent me a message saying that he attempted to call me but I did not answer. Another lie. My phone was on all day and I never received an email. Now I must travel 25 miles to a UPS center to pick up this order. Poor customer service. Poor communication. Cannot trust them.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.