Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Good Product, Nutjob Company

Reviewed by David | April 11, 2016

I recently ordered a 1 ounce silver bar from them for some metal work; previously I had ordered 2 lbs copper bars for making bronze. Both times I found the prices ok and I had no problem with service from order to receipt, although the shipping time in both instances seemed to run long. I would warn, however, that, based on the magnets they ship with their orders and phrases on their product videos such as "when you are preparing for the coming barter system", they at a minimum cater to a population cross section of nutjob end-of-the-world preppers. I'll probably order from them again unless I find better prices and they prepper nonsense is good to share for a laugh, but if you don't want your money supporting that type of thing I would recommend going elsewhere.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I recently ordered a 1 ounce silver bar from them for some metal work; previously I had ordered 2 lbs copper bars for making bronze. Both times I found the prices ok and I had no problem with service from order to receipt, although the shipping time in both instances seemed to run long. I would warn, however, that, based on the magnets they ship with their orders and phrases on their product videos such as "when you are preparing for the coming barter system", they at a minimum cater to a population cross section of nutjob end-of-the-world preppers. I'll probably order from them again unless I find better prices and they prepper nonsense is good to share for a laugh, but if you don't want your money supporting that type of thing I would recommend going elsewhere.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Daniel
April 26, 2016
Seriously? They are very low key about the survival stuff. I guess you've never been to SD Bullion.com. They actually sell Survival Food there. Trust me, you don't know anything about the bullion buying community, as preppers/stock market bears are a huge part of it.

By the way, you don't want to use bars for metalwork, they cost more than just buying silver shot and silver shot is much easier to melt without issues.
1 results - showing 1 - 1