Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Great item, lousy shipping

Reviewed by Daniel | April 26, 2016

The item I ordered is amazing, of course. It was shipped not too long after I ordered it and the price is lower than anywhere else on the internet. The issue I have is that the item is worth $700+ and yet they used the UPS to USPS Surepost method, which takes an extra day to get to you, not to mention the potential issues of UPS transferring to USPS. I feel once your order reaches a couple of hundred dollars, it should just stay with UPS or Fedex for a straight delivery. Or at least give you an option to pay more for shipping (which I didn't get when I made the order)

I had to pay UPS an extra $3.50 to turn it from UPS Surepost to just plan old UPS ground. I got it a day earlier, plus the peace of mind of not having it go through USPS (because they will have more issues delivering packages than UPS or Fedex, plus they're likely to leave it in your mailbox!)

Over all, that is minus 2 stars for Shipping Time, and minus 1 for Buying Experience for not offering the option to upgrade the shipping.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
The item I ordered is amazing, of course. It was shipped not too long after I ordered it and the price is lower than anywhere else on the internet. The issue I have is that the item is worth $700+ and yet they used the UPS to USPS Surepost method, which takes an extra day to get to you, not to mention the potential issues of UPS transferring to USPS. I feel once your order reaches a couple of hundred dollars, it should just stay with UPS or Fedex for a straight delivery. Or at least give you an option to pay more for shipping (which I didn't get when I made the order)

I had to pay UPS an extra $3.50 to turn it from UPS Surepost to just plan old UPS ground. I got it a day earlier, plus the peace of mind of not having it go through USPS (because they will have more issues delivering packages than UPS or Fedex, plus they're likely to leave it in your mailbox!)

Over all, that is minus 2 stars for Shipping Time, and minus 1 for Buying Experience for not offering the option to upgrade the shipping.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.