Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Rude employees, poor customer service, no customer appreciation

Reviewed by Steve | July 26, 2016
Last updated: September 03, 2016

I was a long time customer of Provident, but never again.

My spouse missed delivery of an order while I was out of town. It was a small order (one coin) that could have been placed in my secure mailbox, but they insist on charging extra for signature upon delivery to your door. I was out of town and unable to pick up from the post office during their 15 day holding period. My order was sent back to Provident, and now I have to pay $12 to get a one ounce coin reshipped.

I called and politely explained my situation and asked for a break, even just a discounted shipment fee since I have been a loyal customer for some time now. I first spoke with Sana, who was rude with me and had a very bad attitude from the start. I then asked for a manager or supervisor and after a lengthy hold, was connected with Chandler who waited patiently for me to finish speaking and sternly denied my request, stating they would go out of business if they gave people breaks on shipping issues.

They have made a hell of a lot more than $12 off of me in the past, and would have continued to have a lifetime customer if not for this experience. It wasn't just the $12, it was the way they spoke to me on the phone. I was made to feel insignificant and unappreciated. They seemed irritated that I'd even have the gall to make such a request and acted like they did me a favor for even shipping it out once.

I will never buy from Provident again.

Also, do not be fooled by all of these fake positive reviews. Very few of them are real customers.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I was a long time customer of Provident, but never again.

My spouse missed delivery of an order while I was out of town. It was a small order (one coin) that could have been placed in my secure mailbox, but they insist on charging extra for signature upon delivery to your door. I was out of town and unable to pick up from the post office during their 15 day holding period. My order was sent back to Provident, and now I have to pay $12 to get a one ounce coin reshipped.

I called and politely explained my situation and asked for a break, even just a discounted shipment fee since I have been a loyal customer for some time now. I first spoke with Sana, who was rude with me and had a very bad attitude from the start. I then asked for a manager or supervisor and after a lengthy hold, was connected with Chandler who waited patiently for me to finish speaking and sternly denied my request, stating they would go out of business if they gave people breaks on shipping issues.

They have made a hell of a lot more than $12 off of me in the past, and would have continued to have a lifetime customer if not for this experience. It wasn't just the $12, it was the way they spoke to me on the phone. I was made to feel insignificant and unappreciated. They seemed irritated that I'd even have the gall to make such a request and acted like they did me a favor for even shipping it out once.

I will never buy from Provident again.

Also, do not be fooled by all of these fake positive reviews. Very few of them are real customers.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Gary Brown
December 14, 2016
I Think You Are Blaming Provident For Your Own Mistakes. Provident Didn't Contribute To The Fact That You Were Out Of Town, Provident Didn't Miss The Delivery As Your Spouse Did. Provident Didn't Put Into Place The 15 Day Hold Policy Of The Post Office. Because Provident Didn't Agree To Take Responsibility For Your Mistakes You Are Going To Spitefully Write A Negative Review Of This Company. I Am Just A Customer Of Provident Like Yourself And Have No Horse In The Race However, As A Customer Of The Business I Am Disappointed That You Would Attempt To Taint Their Business For Not Paying For Your Obvious Lack Of Personal Management.
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by John
November 12, 2017
So, true,
2 results - showing 1 - 2