Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Dirty folks, unethical and dishonest

Reviewed by Scott Patterson | October 07, 2016

Have ordered from APMEX several times in years past, usually happy with product and service. Recently ordered a random manufacturer/secondary market bar, expecting a bar with wear, scratches, dings, and so on. Bar arrived looking like it had sat at the bottom of someone's toilet tank: discolored to the point you couldn't tell it was Ag unless told. Yellow-brown stains throughout, it's hideous.

Posted a polite but detailed review of this indisputablly poor condition product on their website, my only 1-star review among many other 5-stars. Having dealt with APMEX for some time, I believed them to be an organization with integrity. A number of their employees have shared by phone with me that they're Christian people which I am also, so I felt safe doing business with them.

But when you pawn garbage product off on paying customers and then _delete_ their honest report to other customers of what they received, that makes you a LIAR. Posting only 4 and 5-star reviews is unethical and devious, and serves only to victimize the uninformed.

I'm DONE with APMEX, as they are not honest. Can't wait to see how they come on this site and try to deny that they did all these things. To other buyers I say: beware APMEX, they are deceiving you. Shameful.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Have ordered from APMEX several times in years past, usually happy with product and service. Recently ordered a random manufacturer/secondary market bar, expecting a bar with wear, scratches, dings, and so on. Bar arrived looking like it had sat at the bottom of someone's toilet tank: discolored to the point you couldn't tell it was Ag unless told. Yellow-brown stains throughout, it's hideous.

Posted a polite but detailed review of this indisputablly poor condition product on their website, my only 1-star review among many other 5-stars. Having dealt with APMEX for some time, I believed them to be an organization with integrity. A number of their employees have shared by phone with me that they're Christian people which I am also, so I felt safe doing business with them.

But when you pawn garbage product off on paying customers and then _delete_ their honest report to other customers of what they received, that makes you a LIAR. Posting only 4 and 5-star reviews is unethical and devious, and serves only to victimize the uninformed.

I'm DONE with APMEX, as they are not honest. Can't wait to see how they come on this site and try to deny that they did all these things. To other buyers I say: beware APMEX, they are deceiving you. Shameful.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Matt
February 15, 2019
I've also noticed they delete many 1-star reviews, supposedly for "violating their review guidelines" - yeah right, only rule it breaks is their rule that they won't allow 1-star reviews. It's so dishonest.
1 results - showing 1 - 1