Review Detail

Penn Metals (CLOSED)
Gold Dealers

site was ok but in the end i got scammed

Reviewed by Brian | February 15, 2017

yeah, it was November 22nd when I got an email that said my order had shipped, checked the tracking number, cool, it was on it's way, said it was in transit to destination. a month later it's Christmas, I check the tracking, still in transit to destination. I called the post office, asked them to look into it. they said a tracking number was generated, nothing actually shipped. tried emailing penn metals at the time, they said something had shipped. since maybe a month ago I email them and get nothing back. now it's February 14th of 2017, almost 3 months later and the package is still in transit to destination. so they scammed me and probably hundreds of other people that wrote checks. so you take one person paying maybe two or more grand, times that by five hundred people and the owner of the site would easily walk away with a million dollars in their bank account and all the metals that they were supposed to ship basically closing the site down and having a couple million in pocket. I actually will never buy metals from a site again, but I have people I do trust I know from talking to in real life that aren't pushing a scam and every month I get another ten grand In silver and gold and fifty grand in other metals on occasion. just funny penn metals did that right when I won a lawsuit for five hundred thousand dollars and wanted to spend it on gold and crap right, lol, so I could care less about the fourteen hundred bucks that was lost in silver.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
yeah, it was November 22nd when I got an email that said my order had shipped, checked the tracking number, cool, it was on it's way, said it was in transit to destination. a month later it's Christmas, I check the tracking, still in transit to destination. I called the post office, asked them to look into it. they said a tracking number was generated, nothing actually shipped. tried emailing penn metals at the time, they said something had shipped. since maybe a month ago I email them and get nothing back. now it's February 14th of 2017, almost 3 months later and the package is still in transit to destination. so they scammed me and probably hundreds of other people that wrote checks. so you take one person paying maybe two or more grand, times that by five hundred people and the owner of the site would easily walk away with a million dollars in their bank account and all the metals that they were supposed to ship basically closing the site down and having a couple million in pocket. I actually will never buy metals from a site again, but I have people I do trust I know from talking to in real life that aren't pushing a scam and every month I get another ten grand In silver and gold and fifty grand in other metals on occasion. just funny penn metals did that right when I won a lawsuit for five hundred thousand dollars and wanted to spend it on gold and crap right, lol, so I could care less about the fourteen hundred bucks that was lost in silver.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.