Review Detail

Gainesville Coins
Gold Dealers

Fraudulent Advertising: Gainesville Coins

Reviewed by Auntie Em | March 18, 2013

Ordered a large (nearly 20K) order from this company for the first time recently. Decided to try them because of their "low" advertised prices, though their ridiculously high shipping costs coupled with the $26 cost for a bank wire make me think twice. (Unlike some other dealers, they won't accept personal checks.) Bad choice. What they sent me included damaged coins, which THEY had advertised on their site as "brilliant uncirculated" and were anything BUT brilliant. These silver eagles, which they said came straight from the US Mint in the condition they were in, have obviously damaged finish. The finish doesn't look anything like other same-year new silver eagles, and these look so bad that I cannot give them as the gifts they were intended to be. Yet Gainesville Coins told me they couldn't allow me to return them, as they were just "bullion", and they couldn't guarantee they could send me anything that looked better...even though they advertise these NEW silver eagles as "brilliant uncirculated." Liars. I told Markham Acosta, the manager, that I will never order from their shady outfit again. Beware of their "bargain" prices.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Ordered a large (nearly 20K) order from this company for the first time recently. Decided to try them because of their "low" advertised prices, though their ridiculously high shipping costs coupled with the $26 cost for a bank wire make me think twice. (Unlike some other dealers, they won't accept personal checks.) Bad choice. What they sent me included damaged coins, which THEY had advertised on their site as "brilliant uncirculated" and were anything BUT brilliant. These silver eagles, which they said came straight from the US Mint in the condition they were in, have obviously damaged finish. The finish doesn't look anything like other same-year new silver eagles, and these look so bad that I cannot give them as the gifts they were intended to be. Yet Gainesville Coins told me they couldn't allow me to return them, as they were just "bullion", and they couldn't guarantee they could send me anything that looked better...even though they advertise these NEW silver eagles as "brilliant uncirculated." Liars. I told Markham Acosta, the manager, that I will never order from their shady outfit again. Beware of their "bargain" prices.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.