Review Detail

Goldline
Gold Dealers

Absurd pricing

Reviewed by Dave M | March 21, 2013

I did not buy from Goldline, the only reason there are any stars in this review is because I was required to input some value. I contacted GL about ordering 100 Silver Eagles and 1/10 oz. Gold Eagles. They wanted 42.00 dollars per Silver Eagle when everyone else was asking 35-36 dollars. For the 1/10 oz. Gold Eagle, they wanted 260.00 per coin when other sites were asking 190-195. When I asked the sales rep why so much over spot, he replied something to the effect of “we are not the cheapest, there plenty of sites that sell cheaper gold and silver, the higher premium reflects the value and guaranteed service GL provides". His actual sales pitch was a lot longer, and seemed to make sense, (for about 5 seconds) until I realized gold would have to hit about 2600.00 per oz. just to break even.
The only Guarantee I could be sure of was, I was going to pay $700.00 to $800.00 more for the privilege of ordering from Goldline.............NO THANK YOU!!

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I did not buy from Goldline, the only reason there are any stars in this review is because I was required to input some value. I contacted GL about ordering 100 Silver Eagles and 1/10 oz. Gold Eagles. They wanted 42.00 dollars per Silver Eagle when everyone else was asking 35-36 dollars. For the 1/10 oz. Gold Eagle, they wanted 260.00 per coin when other sites were asking 190-195. When I asked the sales rep why so much over spot, he replied something to the effect of “we are not the cheapest, there plenty of sites that sell cheaper gold and silver, the higher premium reflects the value and guaranteed service GL provides". His actual sales pitch was a lot longer, and seemed to make sense, (for about 5 seconds) until I realized gold would have to hit about 2600.00 per oz. just to break even.
The only Guarantee I could be sure of was, I was going to pay $700.00 to $800.00 more for the privilege of ordering from Goldline.............NO THANK YOU!!
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.