Review Detail

Gainesville Coins
Gold Dealers

Buyers BEWARE!!!

Reviewed by stacy | March 27, 2013

Started a Coin collection for my son. I am just a starter invester... We ordered 3 coins...Pandas were great but the Canadian Silver Dollor was damaged on the face just in front of the nose. I contacted Ganesville and questioned the damage. I was told that the Canadian coins have damage on a lot of the coins? I told them that I was not looking for a refund or to send the coin back I just asked them if they would sent another coin thats not damaged and I will purchase the coin if they would pay the shipping...$3.00...I was told no!!! I know that $3.00 is not much but its the fact that They did not stand by their product and I will never buy from them again...Buyer beware...That was my first and last time with GAINESVILLE COINS...

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Started a Coin collection for my son. I am just a starter invester... We ordered 3 coins...Pandas were great but the Canadian Silver Dollor was damaged on the face just in front of the nose. I contacted Ganesville and questioned the damage. I was told that the Canadian coins have damage on a lot of the coins? I told them that I was not looking for a refund or to send the coin back I just asked them if they would sent another coin thats not damaged and I will purchase the coin if they would pay the shipping...$3.00...I was told no!!! I know that $3.00 is not much but its the fact that They did not stand by their product and I will never buy from them again...Buyer beware...That was my first and last time with GAINESVILLE COINS...
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Ray McDonald
April 26, 2013
I tried to place my 1st. order with Gainesville today. It was very difficult and confusing. I wanted 10 boxes of coins for a price of 135k. I had to settle for 2 because of course no credit card is going to accept 5% of that amount. The only reason I tried Gainesville this time is because I liked the idea of them having their own storage. It seems there is a very confusing issue with that also. On the order confirmation it says shipping (vault storage). On there wire info. it says all kinds of other things which my bank didn't understand because they ordinarily send bank wires not a bunch of instructions to who knows who. How this turns out remains to be seen but I have to say they are extremely different than other dealers. My 1st. impression of them is not good.
1 results - showing 1 - 1