Review Detail

GoldSilver
Gold Dealers

Expensive...very expensive

Reviewed by Brock | June 23, 2013

I originally ordered form GoldSilver.com because they seem to offer alot of information about the silver market that could be trusted and Mike is all over the internet talking about silver so I felt I could trust them.

They play alot of games with fees. The shipping is ridiculously expensive, but if you know what to say, you can get a 'coupon' to reduce the shipping cost....which is still too high even after the coupon.

Their storage fees are marked up from the original supplier, which for me was Brinks in Salt Lake City. I went directly to brinks and ended up saving 50% (at least) on my storage fees. Which by the way, is where GoldSilver.com ships some of there product from. If you have storage at brinks and they "ship" from the same facility....they will still charge you shipping if you dont ask for it to be waived. When they tried to charge me shipping from the same facility I was storing my silver at, red flags went up big time.

I will not even get into their buy back pricing or their shipping costs if you want the product shipped from brinks and you use GoldSilver as your dealer.... I was told the fee would be .09% of product cost .....ridiculous.

I prefer to deal with a company who is a lot more straight forward.....too many games going on here.... to be fair, I appreciate their website when it comes to an information hub about precious metals...but as a dealer with good prices, forget it. There are too many other trusted dealers not playing the "fee game". At least that was my experience. Perhaps others have had a better experience.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I originally ordered form GoldSilver.com because they seem to offer alot of information about the silver market that could be trusted and Mike is all over the internet talking about silver so I felt I could trust them.

They play alot of games with fees. The shipping is ridiculously expensive, but if you know what to say, you can get a 'coupon' to reduce the shipping cost....which is still too high even after the coupon.

Their storage fees are marked up from the original supplier, which for me was Brinks in Salt Lake City. I went directly to brinks and ended up saving 50% (at least) on my storage fees. Which by the way, is where GoldSilver.com ships some of there product from. If you have storage at brinks and they "ship" from the same facility....they will still charge you shipping if you dont ask for it to be waived. When they tried to charge me shipping from the same facility I was storing my silver at, red flags went up big time.

I will not even get into their buy back pricing or their shipping costs if you want the product shipped from brinks and you use GoldSilver as your dealer.... I was told the fee would be .09% of product cost .....ridiculous.

I prefer to deal with a company who is a lot more straight forward.....too many games going on here.... to be fair, I appreciate their website when it comes to an information hub about precious metals...but as a dealer with good prices, forget it. There are too many other trusted dealers not playing the "fee game". At least that was my experience. Perhaps others have had a better experience.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by ML
October 10, 2014
I asked about 'coupon' and this request was ignored.
I had NO idea until after my order was placed just how much the shipping would be.
Yes, especially for no better service on delivery; the shipping fees are outrageous.
One might think they would want repeat business; but they've shown me they could
care less. They offered me a book and CD. I've already read the book and am a preferred customer
so don't imagine the CD is anything I haven't already seen.
So, for a preferred customer; they sure haven't shown me how much they value my repeat business.
An 'adjustment' on shipping fees would be more acceptable. Bet they 'can't do that'.
Their Loss! I plan on making many many more purchases; but you can be SURE it wouldn't be
from Gold Silver.
1 results - showing 1 - 1