Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

How the customer assumes the comodity market risk

Reviewed by F. O. | August 22, 2013

When you buy from them you explicitly agree to terms and conditions which void their web site promise of 3-5 days delivery so there is no simple legal remedy for the numerous delivery complaints. In other words they can delay shipment as long as they want and their particular set-up just encourages it. According to the terms and conditions the customer only recourse for an endlessly delayed and not yet delivered order is to sell the order back to them. If the market is down the customer pays the difference and if the market is up the company keeps the gains (head you loose, tail the company gains). So if you intend to buy and hold for a long time, do not really care when your order arrives and have unbounded that it human nature it is quite reasonable to do business with these people, otherwise stay away.

As an extra bonus they also tried a little extortion – if I want the delivery accelerated (it was already delayed) they suggested I make an extra payment. In their words “not a big deal because it is less than what I would loose if I cancel the order”

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
When you buy from them you explicitly agree to terms and conditions which void their web site promise of 3-5 days delivery so there is no simple legal remedy for the numerous delivery complaints. In other words they can delay shipment as long as they want and their particular set-up just encourages it. According to the terms and conditions the customer only recourse for an endlessly delayed and not yet delivered order is to sell the order back to them. If the market is down the customer pays the difference and if the market is up the company keeps the gains (head you loose, tail the company gains). So if you intend to buy and hold for a long time, do not really care when your order arrives and have unbounded that it human nature it is quite reasonable to do business with these people, otherwise stay away.

As an extra bonus they also tried a little extortion – if I want the delivery accelerated (it was already delayed) they suggested I make an extra payment. In their words “not a big deal because it is less than what I would loose if I cancel the order”
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.