Review Detail

Golden Eagle Coins
Gold Dealers

Less desirble substitutions are not acceptle

Reviewed by DC Wornock | October 14, 2013

On 9/3/2011 and again on 11/23/2011, because the price was slightly lower than APMEX, I ordered some 1 oz Platinum Canadian Maple Leafs coins from Golden Eagle Coins. The first order was filled successfully but on the second order they said they were out of the coins I ordered and offered a refund or they would substitute the Canadian Maple coins for less desirable 1 oz Australian Platinum Platypus coins. I am certain they could have ordered more Canadian Maple Leafs or they could have filled my order by offering to substitute the Maple Leafs with the more expensive American Silver Eagles.

Regardless of the reason, it was their mistake. Therefore, offers to substitute should be with better or higher price items; not lower price items. In any event, the price of Platinum had not changed much so I accepted a refund rather than accept a less desirable product. I have not order from them again since I prefer to order from more reliable companies even if the price is slightly higher.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
On 9/3/2011 and again on 11/23/2011, because the price was slightly lower than APMEX, I ordered some 1 oz Platinum Canadian Maple Leafs coins from Golden Eagle Coins. The first order was filled successfully but on the second order they said they were out of the coins I ordered and offered a refund or they would substitute the Canadian Maple coins for less desirable 1 oz Australian Platinum Platypus coins. I am certain they could have ordered more Canadian Maple Leafs or they could have filled my order by offering to substitute the Maple Leafs with the more expensive American Silver Eagles.

Regardless of the reason, it was their mistake. Therefore, offers to substitute should be with better or higher price items; not lower price items. In any event, the price of Platinum had not changed much so I accepted a refund rather than accept a less desirable product. I have not order from them again since I prefer to order from more reliable companies even if the price is slightly higher.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.