Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

My battle with The Tulving Company

Reviewed by David | October 14, 2013

Ordered mid-August. Told 10-14 days to ship as they were behind. After 2weeks, I called. Told would ship in 2weeks. After 4weeks total, I called. Told would ship in 2 weeks. After 6 weeks total, I called. Told would ship not before 2or3weeks. Told Karen this looked very suspicious. She recommended that I sell my order back to them at a loss (~$700) if I needed my money back. I suggested that since I have received NOTHING from them, they should cancel the order and return ALL my money. She refused to return my money. I suggested this was looking like a scam. She hung-up. My polite emails to Tulving have all gone unanswered. I am exasperated with this deceptive, untrustworthy company.

I called beginning of October to 'test' them. I inquired about placing an order of 2013 silver Maples. I was told yes, we have them in stock and will ship in 10-14 days. I asked how can that be since my order placed 7weeks ago has still not shipped. The order guy said he just tells customers what he is TOLD to say and has no idea what actual shipping times are. They are all LIARS.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau, the CA State Attorney General, and the CA State Department of Business Oversight who licenses Tulving. I filed a complaint with each and both AG and DBO (dean.haakenson@dbo.ca.gov) have contacted me personally. I urge all others to do the same. If enough complaints are received by DBO, they will definitely open an investigation. The AG also informed me that if enough persons complain about Tulving, they will open an investigation. I suspect DBO has quicker, responsive power since they can immediately suspend Tulving's license if they feel an investigation is warranted.

None of us have any quarantee of getting our money back. If the state takes legal action against Tulving, they can also freeze his accounts (our money) to protect it if he hasn't hidden it out of country. This may send a warning signal off in your brain, but if you are in the state's 'que' to be recompensated, then you have a much better chance of getting your money back than the sucker who is afraid to speak up and file anything official. Look, if the NSA, FBI, or related wants to know what you got, they will find out whether you file against Tulving or not. As for me, I am in the que to get my money back. The sooner he is shut down, the better for the public and the reputable bullion dealers.

UPDATE: Before submitting this, I called Tulving again (mid-October). Apparently somebody (BBB, AG, or DBO) scared him into action. Karen told me that my order would go out immediately. Great! But:

A) I am still pursuing my complaints,
B) I will believe it when I am holding my order is in my hands,
C) Will my order be what I specified? That remains to be seen.

IF I get my order this week, it will be going on 9weeks since I ordered. I do hope that I have no unpleasant surprises. Don't do business with Tulving. If you have, file complaints ASAP and hope you get your order or get in que to get your money back before Tulving is shut down. Good luck.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Ordered mid-August. Told 10-14 days to ship as they were behind. After 2weeks, I called. Told would ship in 2weeks. After 4weeks total, I called. Told would ship in 2 weeks. After 6 weeks total, I called. Told would ship not before 2or3weeks. Told Karen this looked very suspicious. She recommended that I sell my order back to them at a loss (~$700) if I needed my money back. I suggested that since I have received NOTHING from them, they should cancel the order and return ALL my money. She refused to return my money. I suggested this was looking like a scam. She hung-up. My polite emails to Tulving have all gone unanswered. I am exasperated with this deceptive, untrustworthy company.

I called beginning of October to 'test' them. I inquired about placing an order of 2013 silver Maples. I was told yes, we have them in stock and will ship in 10-14 days. I asked how can that be since my order placed 7weeks ago has still not shipped. The order guy said he just tells customers what he is TOLD to say and has no idea what actual shipping times are. They are all LIARS.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau, the CA State Attorney General, and the CA State Department of Business Oversight who licenses Tulving. I filed a complaint with each and both AG and DBO (dean.haakenson@dbo.ca.gov) have contacted me personally. I urge all others to do the same. If enough complaints are received by DBO, they will definitely open an investigation. The AG also informed me that if enough persons complain about Tulving, they will open an investigation. I suspect DBO has quicker, responsive power since they can immediately suspend Tulving's license if they feel an investigation is warranted.

None of us have any quarantee of getting our money back. If the state takes legal action against Tulving, they can also freeze his accounts (our money) to protect it if he hasn't hidden it out of country. This may send a warning signal off in your brain, but if you are in the state's 'que' to be recompensated, then you have a much better chance of getting your money back than the sucker who is afraid to speak up and file anything official. Look, if the NSA, FBI, or related wants to know what you got, they will find out whether you file against Tulving or not. As for me, I am in the que to get my money back. The sooner he is shut down, the better for the public and the reputable bullion dealers.

UPDATE: Before submitting this, I called Tulving again (mid-October). Apparently somebody (BBB, AG, or DBO) scared him into action. Karen told me that my order would go out immediately. Great! But:

A) I am still pursuing my complaints,
B) I will believe it when I am holding my order is in my hands,
C) Will my order be what I specified? That remains to be seen.

IF I get my order this week, it will be going on 9weeks since I ordered. I do hope that I have no unpleasant surprises. Don't do business with Tulving. If you have, file complaints ASAP and hope you get your order or get in que to get your money back before Tulving is shut down. Good luck.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.