Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

How I escaped the sinking SS Tulving

Reviewed by anthony | February 05, 2014

I would like to start out with saying that I’m one that never writes on forums but after my experience with Tulving, I felt a need to explain my story in the hopes I can help other people who have been scammed like I have. I am relieved to say I finally received my order after much time and I am writing this to tell you all how I did it.

Back on October 1st, 2013, I purchased 1000 ounces of 1 ounce American eagle silver coins. I wired them the money that day and they told me that the shipping time would be approximately three to four weeks. At the end of the month I called them and spoke to Karen inquiring why I have not received a shipment confirmation yet. She explained how they were very busy and to call back the next week. I decided to give them a little extra time and I called them back two weeks later. I spoke to Karen again and I got the same story. She would tell me that she put my invoice on top of Hannes Tulving’s desk and that it was solely up to him to determine which orders get shipped out. I then called back at the beginning of December and in the middle of December. Karen was very apologetic and explained how she cannot do anything. All she could do was put my invoice on Tulving’s desk. I then inquired if I could just receive a refund in the same manner that they received my funds (wire transfer). She explained that the company does not allow refunds but that they could buy my sliver from me and send me a check. I refused this option for a number of reasons as I would lose money doing this (sliver price decreased), I am not confident that their check would clear, and the amount of time it would take to receive the check would probably be great. At this point, I then decided to look on the forums to see what other people had to say and what I found was terrifying. I realized that many people were experiencing the same issues I was facing and that a lot people were stating that it was a Ponzi scheme that was unraveling. After reading this, I became very nervous and started questioning if the company will be able to survive for much longer. As such, I decided to take action and do what many other people on the forums were saying. I filed a complaint with the orange county district attorney and more importantly, I hired a lawyer in the local area. For anyone who doesn’t have a lawyer or is looking for a good one who is down to earth, cares, and charges a fair rate, I used Chuck Marshall. I’ll put his contact information down at the bottom for anyone who would be interested. I contacted him on January 2, 2014 and I ended up receiving what I ordered by the end of January after waiting since October 1st, 2013. It became evident that Tulving only responds to letters from lawyers so I STRONGLY recommend getting a lawyer if you ever wish to see what you purchased. I hope my story helps anyone caught in this terrible mess.

Lawyer contact info that I used:

Chuck Marshall
2121 N. California Blvd., Suite 290
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
P: (925) 575-7105 | F: (855) 575-7105
www.marshall-law-firm.com

Useful info/links

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/hannes-tulving Shows Tulving declared chapter 7 bankruptcy in the past

http://about.ag/tulving.htm#.UmXeVnaN5iU.email A valuable website explaining various helpful facts and infomation about Tulving on how they are violating their own rules, the FTC mail order rule, and the multitude of complaints the company has been receiving.

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews/gold-dealers/3-tulving This site shows people experiencing the same issues as me and asserting how it could be a ponzi scheme

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/5076/tulving-warning This site also shows issues people are having with the company and asserting the company is a scam

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I would like to start out with saying that I’m one that never writes on forums but after my experience with Tulving, I felt a need to explain my story in the hopes I can help other people who have been scammed like I have. I am relieved to say I finally received my order after much time and I am writing this to tell you all how I did it.

Back on October 1st, 2013, I purchased 1000 ounces of 1 ounce American eagle silver coins. I wired them the money that day and they told me that the shipping time would be approximately three to four weeks. At the end of the month I called them and spoke to Karen inquiring why I have not received a shipment confirmation yet. She explained how they were very busy and to call back the next week. I decided to give them a little extra time and I called them back two weeks later. I spoke to Karen again and I got the same story. She would tell me that she put my invoice on top of Hannes Tulving’s desk and that it was solely up to him to determine which orders get shipped out. I then called back at the beginning of December and in the middle of December. Karen was very apologetic and explained how she cannot do anything. All she could do was put my invoice on Tulving’s desk. I then inquired if I could just receive a refund in the same manner that they received my funds (wire transfer). She explained that the company does not allow refunds but that they could buy my sliver from me and send me a check. I refused this option for a number of reasons as I would lose money doing this (sliver price decreased), I am not confident that their check would clear, and the amount of time it would take to receive the check would probably be great. At this point, I then decided to look on the forums to see what other people had to say and what I found was terrifying. I realized that many people were experiencing the same issues I was facing and that a lot people were stating that it was a Ponzi scheme that was unraveling. After reading this, I became very nervous and started questioning if the company will be able to survive for much longer. As such, I decided to take action and do what many other people on the forums were saying. I filed a complaint with the orange county district attorney and more importantly, I hired a lawyer in the local area. For anyone who doesn’t have a lawyer or is looking for a good one who is down to earth, cares, and charges a fair rate, I used Chuck Marshall. I’ll put his contact information down at the bottom for anyone who would be interested. I contacted him on January 2, 2014 and I ended up receiving what I ordered by the end of January after waiting since October 1st, 2013. It became evident that Tulving only responds to letters from lawyers so I STRONGLY recommend getting a lawyer if you ever wish to see what you purchased. I hope my story helps anyone caught in this terrible mess.

Lawyer contact info that I used:

Chuck Marshall
2121 N. California Blvd., Suite 290
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
P: (925) 575-7105 | F: (855) 575-7105
www.marshall-law-firm.com

Useful info/links

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/hannes-tulving Shows Tulving declared chapter 7 bankruptcy in the past

http://about.ag/tulving.htm#.UmXeVnaN5iU.email A valuable website explaining various helpful facts and infomation about Tulving on how they are violating their own rules, the FTC mail order rule, and the multitude of complaints the company has been receiving.

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews/gold-dealers/3-tulving This site shows people experiencing the same issues as me and asserting how it could be a ponzi scheme

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/5076/tulving-warning This site also shows issues people are having with the company and asserting the company is a scam
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Not a customer anymore
February 06, 2014
Excellent review here. Thank you for sharing all of this information! I hope this helps the other victims.
Written by kp
March 06, 2014
this was helpful and I am contacting your lawyer you recommended. THANK YOU.
2 results - showing 1 - 2