Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Avoid Tulving Company

Reviewed by Lance | February 14, 2014

I, like some of you, have never written a review of any company. I have found the other reviews on this site to be very helpful as I have dealt with this company and would like to "pay it forward" by leaving my review. I placed my order with Tulving in early December, 2013. I was told that my order would ship 8-10 days after they had received my funds. After about 2 weeks, I hadn't received my shipment. A friend had dealt with Tulving before and had recommended the company to me. After 2 weeks had passed and I hadn't received my shipment I decided to do a little research myself and came across this site. I was terrified by the reviews I read. Here's what I did: My comfort level with this company staying solvent long enough to receive my order was very low so I sold back at a small loss. Calling Karen is useless. She is merely a voice for you to speak to - nothing more. Hannes Tulving's email is on their site. He reads his emails. I contacted him directly through his email twice. The first time I sent a polite email requesting that they refund my money (as it had been over a month since I'd sold back my order and still no check). Tulving didn't respond to my first email, so I filed complaints with the Orange County District attorney, the California Division of Business Oversight (who licenses this company - Eric Brunkal is your contact person with them), and the Consumer Business Alliance. I gave it a couple more weeks and still no response from Tulving and no check so I sent him another email. This time I told him that I had filed complaints with the above agencies and that I was going to file another with the FBI that week. The next day I received an email from him stating that the check was in the mail. I have found the reviews on this site very helpful. A common theme among them is that those who take action by filing complaints with the above agencies or who hire attorney's get their orders or money back. Most of those who do nothing, don't get either. Its unfortunate that we should have to go to such measures but I believe that if you'd like to get your order or money back, you'll have to do the same. Best of luck to you all.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I, like some of you, have never written a review of any company. I have found the other reviews on this site to be very helpful as I have dealt with this company and would like to "pay it forward" by leaving my review. I placed my order with Tulving in early December, 2013. I was told that my order would ship 8-10 days after they had received my funds. After about 2 weeks, I hadn't received my shipment. A friend had dealt with Tulving before and had recommended the company to me. After 2 weeks had passed and I hadn't received my shipment I decided to do a little research myself and came across this site. I was terrified by the reviews I read. Here's what I did: My comfort level with this company staying solvent long enough to receive my order was very low so I sold back at a small loss. Calling Karen is useless. She is merely a voice for you to speak to - nothing more. Hannes Tulving's email is on their site. He reads his emails. I contacted him directly through his email twice. The first time I sent a polite email requesting that they refund my money (as it had been over a month since I'd sold back my order and still no check). Tulving didn't respond to my first email, so I filed complaints with the Orange County District attorney, the California Division of Business Oversight (who licenses this company - Eric Brunkal is your contact person with them), and the Consumer Business Alliance. I gave it a couple more weeks and still no response from Tulving and no check so I sent him another email. This time I told him that I had filed complaints with the above agencies and that I was going to file another with the FBI that week. The next day I received an email from him stating that the check was in the mail. I have found the reviews on this site very helpful. A common theme among them is that those who take action by filing complaints with the above agencies or who hire attorney's get their orders or money back. Most of those who do nothing, don't get either. Its unfortunate that we should have to go to such measures but I believe that if you'd like to get your order or money back, you'll have to do the same. Best of luck to you all.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Jahni
February 26, 2014
Thanks Lance for your information... I really hope that by following your lead, My check will arrive..
1 results - showing 1 - 1