Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Bullion vs Coins ???

Reviewed by Mark S | October 09, 2012

I have ordered GAE's and 100oz RCM bars and 1oz RCM maple leafs on 4 different occasions. Ordered on line, put in credit card info, got email invoice for wire transfers within minutes, went and wired $ within a few hours, received email confirmation of receipt of funds within hours of wiring, ordered stuff showed up in under a week via FedEx Ground (hate them)or USPS (much better). ALL of my experiences were within the last 90 days. Most of the complaints I see with all of the dealers mostly are about condition of coins with numismatic value. I have had horrible experiences with "investment numismatics" and in particular CT Group / Todd Griffiths. Seems rare coins are worth whatever the dealer says they are worth. I've had dealers tell me something is worth X at wholesale and 2-3 times X at retail, this is BS to me and why I only buy bullion in popular forms. I have not sold anything to APMEX, but I am encouraged that they post what they will pay right next to the sell price. So far the experience is predictable. Maybe as some say I'm paying a little extra. That's not very inportant to me. What is important is trust and so far I have no reason to distrust these guys.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I have ordered GAE's and 100oz RCM bars and 1oz RCM maple leafs on 4 different occasions. Ordered on line, put in credit card info, got email invoice for wire transfers within minutes, went and wired $ within a few hours, received email confirmation of receipt of funds within hours of wiring, ordered stuff showed up in under a week via FedEx Ground (hate them)or USPS (much better). ALL of my experiences were within the last 90 days. Most of the complaints I see with all of the dealers mostly are about condition of coins with numismatic value. I have had horrible experiences with "investment numismatics" and in particular CT Group / Todd Griffiths. Seems rare coins are worth whatever the dealer says they are worth. I've had dealers tell me something is worth X at wholesale and 2-3 times X at retail, this is BS to me and why I only buy bullion in popular forms. I have not sold anything to APMEX, but I am encouraged that they post what they will pay right next to the sell price. So far the experience is predictable. Maybe as some say I'm paying a little extra. That's not very inportant to me. What is important is trust and so far I have no reason to distrust these guys.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by David
August 04, 2014
Good review mark. You make a good point of not chasing pences when making a purchase for hundreds of pounds
1 results - showing 1 - 1