Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Definetly too expensive.

Reviewed by ADP | January 25, 2013

My biggest problem with Apmex is that their premiums over spot are completely too high. Do yourself a favor and check the competition before you waste your money at Apmex.

Their website is excellent and all my deliveries have been speedy, well-packaged and as represented.

Customer Service was professional, although I felt they took advantage of my ignorance. This was certainlly my fault, but they could have been a bit flexible with someone who was spending $30K with them. Basically, I purchased a 10 oz gold Perth bar from them, as my first gold purchase ever. A local dealer subsequently educated me that the bar was not particularly liquid, and he viewed the accompanying assay card as virtually useless. I contacted Apmex within days to request that they exchange the bar for more liquid, smaller American Eagles. They were glad to help if I were willing to pay $600 in new premiums for the coins and accept their lower buy-back price on the bar. My bad at the end of the day, but still frustrating after spending $30K. Customer Service didn't care if I remained a customer... and so I didn't.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
My biggest problem with Apmex is that their premiums over spot are completely too high. Do yourself a favor and check the competition before you waste your money at Apmex.

Their website is excellent and all my deliveries have been speedy, well-packaged and as represented.

Customer Service was professional, although I felt they took advantage of my ignorance. This was certainlly my fault, but they could have been a bit flexible with someone who was spending $30K with them. Basically, I purchased a 10 oz gold Perth bar from them, as my first gold purchase ever. A local dealer subsequently educated me that the bar was not particularly liquid, and he viewed the accompanying assay card as virtually useless. I contacted Apmex within days to request that they exchange the bar for more liquid, smaller American Eagles. They were glad to help if I were willing to pay $600 in new premiums for the coins and accept their lower buy-back price on the bar. My bad at the end of the day, but still frustrating after spending $30K. Customer Service didn't care if I remained a customer... and so I didn't.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.