Review Detail

Bullion Direct - (Closed)
Gold Dealers

I'm afraid I've been scammed by Bullion Direct

Reviewed by MCFox | March 05, 2013

I have purchased multiple times in the past from Bullion Direct, each time for physical delivery of small amounts of gold and silver. NEVER AGAIN!!! I wish I had read all of these reviews before my last order. I've always felt uncomfortable with their set up. They will communicate only by e-mail (absolutely no phone) and are really slow recognizing payments or delivering product. Right now I have an open order for a Feb 12 transaction which was paid in full via ACH on Feb 15. However, their online system falsely shows a payment was received on Feb 28 via check. (I even have a Feb 19 e-mail from them acknowledging receipt and application of payment). Their online system also says the item was "released for shipment" on Feb 28. Again, this appears to me to be totally false. ("Released for shipment from their vault" appears to be an arbitrary internal term and they say actual shipment generally is sent out 1-3 business days after the "release" date.) I've been e-mailing asking about my order, trying to get a shipping date and tracking number. Their latest story today (Mar 5) is that they began an inventory count last week and are "a little behind". Seriously, an inventory count should delay my order? They, apparently, cannot provide a shipment date or a tracking number at this time. At a minimum, this is unacceptably slow delivery and unacceptably poor customer service. My fear, after reading the other reviews, is I may never see my money or my gold. Should this situation change, I will promptly update this review. In the meantime, BUYERS BEWARE.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I have purchased multiple times in the past from Bullion Direct, each time for physical delivery of small amounts of gold and silver. NEVER AGAIN!!! I wish I had read all of these reviews before my last order. I've always felt uncomfortable with their set up. They will communicate only by e-mail (absolutely no phone) and are really slow recognizing payments or delivering product. Right now I have an open order for a Feb 12 transaction which was paid in full via ACH on Feb 15. However, their online system falsely shows a payment was received on Feb 28 via check. (I even have a Feb 19 e-mail from them acknowledging receipt and application of payment). Their online system also says the item was "released for shipment" on Feb 28. Again, this appears to me to be totally false. ("Released for shipment from their vault" appears to be an arbitrary internal term and they say actual shipment generally is sent out 1-3 business days after the "release" date.) I've been e-mailing asking about my order, trying to get a shipping date and tracking number. Their latest story today (Mar 5) is that they began an inventory count last week and are "a little behind". Seriously, an inventory count should delay my order? They, apparently, cannot provide a shipment date or a tracking number at this time. At a minimum, this is unacceptably slow delivery and unacceptably poor customer service. My fear, after reading the other reviews, is I may never see my money or my gold. Should this situation change, I will promptly update this review. In the meantime, BUYERS BEWARE.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by MCFox
March 12, 2013
It's NOT a Scam. My gold arrived via FedEx last night. It appears that the product is genuine and the order was, finally, correctly filled (1 month after the original transaction). I was NOT scammed. BD is just extremely slow in delivering gold even after payment is made and, while it's customer service will answer e-mails fairly promptly, the answers are not always helpful. Based on their indifferent service, I will not do business with them again. Your experience may be different.
1 results - showing 1 - 1