Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

cheats at price

Reviewed by Hari | March 06, 2013

I brought a pamp suisse silver bar from this dealer for $350.After a month I have desided to sell this product back to thes dealer. The price he gave me is $250, as per the market price.When I told the dealer that the price difference was only 20 cents from the time I brought and selling time.The reason the dealer says is pamp Suisse is a rare silver bar and that is the reason they are selling for $100 more for every silver bar. I brought 4 of those bars and I have to loose $400 for no reason, tough the price of silver changed in a very less amount.

APMEX behaves so cunning. They do not display the buy price for this kind of scare things.

I spoke to many dealers to sell my silver and no one wants to pay more than $250.

If you really want to buy precious metals, do not buy online.
1. They sell you for more price compared to store
2. Shipping charges.
3. More wait time.
4. You have to pay with Credit Card they will charge 5% transaction fee.
5. If you are sending check or money order it might delay your arrival time.

My suggestion from experience

Go to the local store and buy the metals with cash.

I do not see any advantage in buying online especially from APMEX.

Hope my review helps.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I brought a pamp suisse silver bar from this dealer for $350.After a month I have desided to sell this product back to thes dealer. The price he gave me is $250, as per the market price.When I told the dealer that the price difference was only 20 cents from the time I brought and selling time.The reason the dealer says is pamp Suisse is a rare silver bar and that is the reason they are selling for $100 more for every silver bar. I brought 4 of those bars and I have to loose $400 for no reason, tough the price of silver changed in a very less amount.

APMEX behaves so cunning. They do not display the buy price for this kind of scare things.

I spoke to many dealers to sell my silver and no one wants to pay more than $250.

If you really want to buy precious metals, do not buy online.
1. They sell you for more price compared to store
2. Shipping charges.
3. More wait time.
4. You have to pay with Credit Card they will charge 5% transaction fee.
5. If you are sending check or money order it might delay your arrival time.

My suggestion from experience

Go to the local store and buy the metals with cash.

I do not see any advantage in buying online especially from APMEX.

Hope my review helps.

Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.