Review Detail

Gainesville Coins
Gold Dealers

Look Elsewhere

Reviewed by lesley moss | May 17, 2013

I suppose the good thing is that I didnt waist thousands of dollars like some have, however almost 700.00 was a big enough mistake. Bought a roll of "brilliant and uncirculated" coins that have huge areas on the face of each one where the finish is rubbed off. Customer Service (VERY slow) told me to look it up on the internet because it's a milkly finish which is typical, and that they photo each coin before it goes out and they saw nothing wrong with them. She actually suggested I take my issue up with the US Mint. I bought these for gifts, and cannot give them out becausee they look terrible. You cannot return them, they only tell you there is nothing they can do. I have coins with a "milky" spot or two, these coins look nothing like them. These coins look like someone took steel wool to them. Warning, do NOT buy from these people. I wish I'd read these reviews about this company before I wasted my own money, hopefully someone else can learn from me. No one in their right mind would consider these "brilliant/uncirculated". Please look at other companies first. This has soured me from buying coins on the internet, and I would warn anyone about buying from here.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I suppose the good thing is that I didnt waist thousands of dollars like some have, however almost 700.00 was a big enough mistake. Bought a roll of "brilliant and uncirculated" coins that have huge areas on the face of each one where the finish is rubbed off. Customer Service (VERY slow) told me to look it up on the internet because it's a milkly finish which is typical, and that they photo each coin before it goes out and they saw nothing wrong with them. She actually suggested I take my issue up with the US Mint. I bought these for gifts, and cannot give them out becausee they look terrible. You cannot return them, they only tell you there is nothing they can do. I have coins with a "milky" spot or two, these coins look nothing like them. These coins look like someone took steel wool to them. Warning, do NOT buy from these people. I wish I'd read these reviews about this company before I wasted my own money, hopefully someone else can learn from me. No one in their right mind would consider these "brilliant/uncirculated". Please look at other companies first. This has soured me from buying coins on the internet, and I would warn anyone about buying from here.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by William
December 28, 2013
I have dealt with Gainesville Coins for the past year with nothing but prompt delivery and excellent products.Your experience may be an isolated one because they have had the most reasonable prices, and quality customer service that I have encountered while dealing over the internet! Don't hesitate to try them again.
1 results - showing 1 - 1