Review Detail

Bullion Direct - (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Buyer Beware

Reviewed by George | May 21, 2013

I bought some silver rounds from the Nucleo Exchange, then sent in a Money Order. Waited for the Money Order to clear, then paid the balance. I then requested a Product Draw, and waited for the required clearance period.
The Produt Draw cleared, and now sits as "Pending Shipment" yet they have never shipped the silver rounds. I have e-mailed several times with ZERO e-mail returns or an answer to any of those e-mails. I asked that they cancel the Product Draw, yet they do not respond at all. Nothing!
In the Bullion Direct Forum, a Bullion Direct Representative made a comment that "We are filling orders with premuim silver in order to try and fullfil orders to get them shipped". Yet, earlier before they decided to cut off all communication, they sent me an e-mail stating that their inventory has been depleted and they were waiting for a shipment from their Facility Vault, and could not tell anyone when it would arrive due to security. (a lie)
I guestioned the Rep on the forum, and basically said that "someone was lying",that I now have two different stories, and for that Bullion Direct banned me permanently from the forum. I have not heard a word since, and they have refused to answer any e-mails.
On May 20th, 2013, I filed a formal complaint with the BBB of Austin TX. I received a message that the BBB had sent the complaint to BD, and was awaiting their response.
My opinion only is that all buyers should proceed with extreme caution before doing any busiiness with this outfit. It seems they are participating in short selling. Selling product they do not have, and then sourcing for it later to fill orders. This type of action is nothing short of fraud, and it is a crime.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I bought some silver rounds from the Nucleo Exchange, then sent in a Money Order. Waited for the Money Order to clear, then paid the balance. I then requested a Product Draw, and waited for the required clearance period.
The Produt Draw cleared, and now sits as "Pending Shipment" yet they have never shipped the silver rounds. I have e-mailed several times with ZERO e-mail returns or an answer to any of those e-mails. I asked that they cancel the Product Draw, yet they do not respond at all. Nothing!
In the Bullion Direct Forum, a Bullion Direct Representative made a comment that "We are filling orders with premuim silver in order to try and fullfil orders to get them shipped". Yet, earlier before they decided to cut off all communication, they sent me an e-mail stating that their inventory has been depleted and they were waiting for a shipment from their Facility Vault, and could not tell anyone when it would arrive due to security. (a lie)
I guestioned the Rep on the forum, and basically said that "someone was lying",that I now have two different stories, and for that Bullion Direct banned me permanently from the forum. I have not heard a word since, and they have refused to answer any e-mails.
On May 20th, 2013, I filed a formal complaint with the BBB of Austin TX. I received a message that the BBB had sent the complaint to BD, and was awaiting their response.
My opinion only is that all buyers should proceed with extreme caution before doing any busiiness with this outfit. It seems they are participating in short selling. Selling product they do not have, and then sourcing for it later to fill orders. This type of action is nothing short of fraud, and it is a crime.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Eric
June 03, 2013
Did you ever get your silver? I was considering buying from these guys but a little gun shy.
Written by Blake Thomas
December 02, 2013
Official response from Bullion Direct

Summary:
Bullion Direct sent customer's order 3 business days late according to normal processing times as indicated on the site. A "High Activity/Expect Delays" warning was posted on the site during the entire event.

General timeline of interaction:

• 04/18/2013 – Bullion Direct launches "High Activity/Expect Delays" banner due to market volatility and anticipate delays
• 04/21/2013 – 04/30/2013 - Customer’s orders begin to execute
• 05/06/2013 - Customer placed Product Draw request; Money Order received
o 10-business-day Clearing Period as stated on site
o Clearing Period necessary to protect against fraud
• 05/15/2013 - Order sent to Vault to be filled
o 3-business-day filling period as stated on site
• 05/17/2013 - Customer emails regarding status of order
o Response sent same day regarding delay
• 05/23/2013 – Order is sent to customer
o 3 business days late
Customer eventually admitted to being "panicky", but it is still our mission to present a positive experience to all customers. As a purely web-based service, we strive to continuously improve the User Interface of our website and welcome any suggestions toward this goal.
2 results - showing 1 - 2