Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Online Ordering and Excellent Service

Reviewed by DC Wornock | October 13, 2013

Once or twice per year since 2007 I have ordered from APMEX with average order in excess of $20,000 and have been very satisfied each time. My initial was by telephone and paid with a bank wire but after that most of my orders have been online with payment by Cashiers check or personal check. When possible, I prefer ordering online instead talking to a person.

I have been very satisfied with their service. For example, once I ordered 3,000 1 oz silver rounds and a 10 oz silver bar. Since I paid by Cashier’s check, they notified me that a hold on shipping would be about 10 days. However, the 10 oz silver bar was a graduation present and I needed it sooner. I told this to APMEX and they agreed to immediately ship the 10 oz bar and only place a hold on the 3,000 oz silver rounds.

Clearly, since they had received the Cashier’s check and had my VISA card info, there was little risk in mailing the 10 oz silver bar. However, even though it was mailed separately, the shipping was free (free shipping on large orders) and indicates their willingness to work with me to solve a minor problem.

The only complaint I have is, relative to other companies, their premiums have increased and they no longer have the lowest premiums. Nevertheless, the typical ½% to 1% higher premium is better than an unfilled order or lengthy shipping delays.

For example, because the price was slightly lower on 9/3/2011 and again on 11/23/2011, I ordered some 1 once Platinum Canadian Maple coins from Golden Eagle Coins. The first order was filled successfully but on the second order they said they were out of the coins I ordered and offered a refund or they could substitute the Canadian Maple coins for Australian coins. I am certain they could have ordered more Canadian Maple to fill my order but perhaps at a higher cost to them. Regardless, the price of Platinum had not changed much so I accepted a refund rather than accept a less desirable product. I have not order from them again.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
Once or twice per year since 2007 I have ordered from APMEX with average order in excess of $20,000 and have been very satisfied each time. My initial was by telephone and paid with a bank wire but after that most of my orders have been online with payment by Cashiers check or personal check. When possible, I prefer ordering online instead talking to a person.

I have been very satisfied with their service. For example, once I ordered 3,000 1 oz silver rounds and a 10 oz silver bar. Since I paid by Cashier’s check, they notified me that a hold on shipping would be about 10 days. However, the 10 oz silver bar was a graduation present and I needed it sooner. I told this to APMEX and they agreed to immediately ship the 10 oz bar and only place a hold on the 3,000 oz silver rounds.

Clearly, since they had received the Cashier’s check and had my VISA card info, there was little risk in mailing the 10 oz silver bar. However, even though it was mailed separately, the shipping was free (free shipping on large orders) and indicates their willingness to work with me to solve a minor problem.

The only complaint I have is, relative to other companies, their premiums have increased and they no longer have the lowest premiums. Nevertheless, the typical ½% to 1% higher premium is better than an unfilled order or lengthy shipping delays.

For example, because the price was slightly lower on 9/3/2011 and again on 11/23/2011, I ordered some 1 once Platinum Canadian Maple coins from Golden Eagle Coins. The first order was filled successfully but on the second order they said they were out of the coins I ordered and offered a refund or they could substitute the Canadian Maple coins for Australian coins. I am certain they could have ordered more Canadian Maple to fill my order but perhaps at a higher cost to them. Regardless, the price of Platinum had not changed much so I accepted a refund rather than accept a less desirable product. I have not order from them again.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.