Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Civil vs. Criminal Fraud

Reviewed by Bob | March 18, 2014

I don't have a complaint to post against Tulving, but I had a similar problem with a different coin dealer in CA. I paid $67,500 for two rare coins which were supposed to be delivered within days of payment. Weeks turned into months. Dealer always had excuse, promised to ship but never did. Finally stopped answering my calls, emails, etc. I contacted and met with the FBI (took info but left impression they would do nothing which they did), wrote a letter to the CA Attorney Generals Office (fell on deaf ears). Filed complaint with local police dept. They forwarded info to the Orange Co. Sheriff's Dept. My case was assigned to an agent. Agent never contacted me and never investigated my complaint as far as I know (very pathetic). I also contacted several attorneys in Orange County as I was considering legal action against this coin dealer. I asked one of the attorneys why is this considered a civil fraud/theft case and not a criminal fraud/theft case. He said it is both, however, it would be prosecuted as a criminal case only if the authorities wanted to spend the time and money to prosecute the case. Finally, after filing a complaint with the Orange Co. DA's office, they were able to prod the coin dealer into sending my coins to me. The bottom line: You can spend thousands of dollars on legal fees and end up with nothing to show for your efforts. If you want his guy to do some time, complain to the Orange Co. DA's office and get the US Postal Inspector's Office to investigate these complaints (internet/wire fraud/theft). One of these agencies should be able to prosecute this guy considering the number of people he has ripped-off. He needs to be out of business and doing some time behind bars.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I don't have a complaint to post against Tulving, but I had a similar problem with a different coin dealer in CA. I paid $67,500 for two rare coins which were supposed to be delivered within days of payment. Weeks turned into months. Dealer always had excuse, promised to ship but never did. Finally stopped answering my calls, emails, etc. I contacted and met with the FBI (took info but left impression they would do nothing which they did), wrote a letter to the CA Attorney Generals Office (fell on deaf ears). Filed complaint with local police dept. They forwarded info to the Orange Co. Sheriff's Dept. My case was assigned to an agent. Agent never contacted me and never investigated my complaint as far as I know (very pathetic). I also contacted several attorneys in Orange County as I was considering legal action against this coin dealer. I asked one of the attorneys why is this considered a civil fraud/theft case and not a criminal fraud/theft case. He said it is both, however, it would be prosecuted as a criminal case only if the authorities wanted to spend the time and money to prosecute the case. Finally, after filing a complaint with the Orange Co. DA's office, they were able to prod the coin dealer into sending my coins to me. The bottom line: You can spend thousands of dollars on legal fees and end up with nothing to show for your efforts. If you want his guy to do some time, complain to the Orange Co. DA's office and get the US Postal Inspector's Office to investigate these complaints (internet/wire fraud/theft). One of these agencies should be able to prosecute this guy considering the number of people he has ripped-off. He needs to be out of business and doing some time behind bars.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.