Review Detail

US Gold Bureau
US Gold Bureau Pending Moderation
Gold Dealers

Annoying Sales Calls from this company...

Reviewed by Reid Chaplan | May 14, 2014

Let me clear - I never purchased anything from this US Gold Bureau. I was seriously thinking about buying from them, but I found better pricing elsewhere. However, I did set up an account with my name, address, and phone number. BIG MISTAKE! I receive a call from them at least once every two weeks. An annoying sales call - when I finally realized they were not going to stop, I asked the girl to take me off her list...and she continued to try to sell me. "Don't you want to protect your assets?" was the line of questioning. Yes, from the likes of your company.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Let me clear - I never purchased anything from this US Gold Bureau. I was seriously thinking about buying from them, but I found better pricing elsewhere. However, I did set up an account with my name, address, and phone number. BIG MISTAKE! I receive a call from them at least once every two weeks. An annoying sales call - when I finally realized they were not going to stop, I asked the girl to take me off her list...and she continued to try to sell me. "Don't you want to protect your assets?" was the line of questioning. Yes, from the likes of your company.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Marcella Respini
October 14, 2014
This is the most helpful comment so far and I'm actually in the same position. You may not realize it but you are the only one to say that you found you could get a better price elsewhere. Personally, I'm not excited about making a deal with someone I've never met over the phone. There's nothing from the public about them on FB and currently, I expect he will be calling me back any minute. I think I've had three calls from them in the last few weeks and today was the first time I actually had time to talk and it was over one hour as I was not prepared and I had a lot of questions. I think he was actually shocked that I was not prepared to lay down $10,000 on a credit card today. I appreciate learning all about what investment grade gold is compared to gold sold at the spot price manipulated by the federal reserve. In fact, I got quite an education from the gentleman but just because he took the time to explain all this to me, doesn't mean I am obligated to invest and I have a feeling that complainer's number one and two have nothing more than "buyer's regret" and the "scam" they are claiming is nothing more than a hard sell they were unable to resist. These guys are very smart and slick.

I have no doubt that the company is legit as far as delivering what they promise. However, the biggest mistake I have made in the past is buying something because I thought someone in a suit and jacket, maybe worked at a big broker house.... knew more than me and could tell me what I should do with the money I worked hard to lose buying in a down market was not good but they will never tell you that.... I think putting some money in gold and silver is a good move but watch AMERICAN GREED and learn. Most of the people who get screwed are also in that position because they didn't do their homework and just trusted a fast talker. In this world a pleasant smile and demeanor, even a fancy resume, does not guarantee you a thing. NOT ONE THING. When you hand over your money for another to invest or take the advice of anyone, be ready to live with the consequences of YOUR actions. So far, Reid Chaplan has been most helpful as you have reminded me to do my homework and not be in a rush to part with my money just because it's a rainy day and I have nothing better to do.....well not exactly, but you know what I mean...
1 results - showing 1 - 1