Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

APMEX are basically crooks

Reviewed by rick | October 06, 2014

DO NOT BUY FROM APMEX. Ipurchased bullion from APMEX and Bullion exchange, both on ebay. bullion exchange delivered my purchase before apmex even put any shipping information, which they didn't. customer service was aweful. they told me ebay dictated that a 4 day hold be put on all bullion purchases. How did this other ebay user not only ship before 4 days, but actually deliver!?
I opened a dispute with paypal. they said they could not ship now and continued to hold my money! crooks and way too big for their britches for sure.
this is my first online complaint ever about any online seller. i've never been so mistreated!
Rick

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
DO NOT BUY FROM APMEX. Ipurchased bullion from APMEX and Bullion exchange, both on ebay. bullion exchange delivered my purchase before apmex even put any shipping information, which they didn't. customer service was aweful. they told me ebay dictated that a 4 day hold be put on all bullion purchases. How did this other ebay user not only ship before 4 days, but actually deliver!?
I opened a dispute with paypal. they said they could not ship now and continued to hold my money! crooks and way too big for their britches for sure.
this is my first online complaint ever about any online seller. i've never been so mistreated!
Rick
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Jay
November 07, 2014
You must have done business with a different APMEX. Or, did you do business with them at all?
Written by keiki
January 31, 2015
I work for a coin and jewelry dealer. We buy and sell gold, silver, diamonds. A regular customer came in last week with six apmex one ounce gold bars purchased off of ebay. I had never seen that brand, but because we need to protect ourselves I informed the customer I would have to open one and do a specific gravity test on the karat to be sure it is what it says. To the customers dismay, the gold was less than 17karat. We were all rather stunned, but even obsidion rub tested and the bar would not hold with 18 karat solution. I would never buy my bullion off the internet. When paying out hard earned money, I want the goods in my hand that day.
2 results - showing 1 - 2