Review Detail

Kitco
Gold Dealers

Bait & Switch

Reviewed by Kevin | November 13, 2014

I made an order for a SEALED American Eagle Monster Box. When I received the package from Kitco the straps on the box were very loose indicating that the box had been opened and resealed or tampered with. Upon opening the box, there was no ticker sheet from the U.S. Mint that is in every box. I notified Kitco immediately asking for nothing more than an exchange. At first they told me that the shipping would be at my expense, after several phone calls and back-and-forth arguing, they finally agreed to exchange the box with no expense to me. I immediately shipped the box out with the shipping label that they sent me. They then sent me a new box with the same loose straps. I then called them again today to inform them that they basically sent me the same box back. They explained that there is nothing further that they could do. I asked them what the point of the exchange was and they said "to satisfy the customer". I am still not satisfied and will be contacting the Attorney General's office tomorrow.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I made an order for a SEALED American Eagle Monster Box. When I received the package from Kitco the straps on the box were very loose indicating that the box had been opened and resealed or tampered with. Upon opening the box, there was no ticker sheet from the U.S. Mint that is in every box. I notified Kitco immediately asking for nothing more than an exchange. At first they told me that the shipping would be at my expense, after several phone calls and back-and-forth arguing, they finally agreed to exchange the box with no expense to me. I immediately shipped the box out with the shipping label that they sent me. They then sent me a new box with the same loose straps. I then called them again today to inform them that they basically sent me the same box back. They explained that there is nothing further that they could do. I asked them what the point of the exchange was and they said "to satisfy the customer". I am still not satisfied and will be contacting the Attorney General's office tomorrow.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Kitco Metals Inc.
February 12, 2020
Hello Kevin,
We can assure you that whenever a monster box is purchased from us, it is sealed and has never been tampered with. This is why we agreed to do an exchange for the first box, at our cost. We stand by our products, but are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our resolution.
1 results - showing 1 - 1