Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Not the Cheapest but Probably the Best out there

Reviewed by Kevin C. | December 23, 2014

I've been a follower of precious metals for quite some time now (Mining Stocks and ETF's mostly) and finally took the plunged and ordered physical bullion about a month ago (Trying to get out of "paper gold and paper silver".) Being new to "stacking" i was concerned after doing research and hearing about the flood of counterfeits coming out of China, merchants stealing money (Tulving), super delayed shipping, receiving low quality or damaged bullion, etc. After extensive research, i decided to go with APMEX for my first order and I was glad that I did. I opted to mail in a check (which made the process much longer then some people would be comfortable with) but throughout the process, i received email updates such as when they received my check, when they processed the order, when the items were shipped, etc. Besides, anyone who wanted the items quicker, could have opted for quicker methods of payment but i decided to pay the lowest premium over spot and didnt' mind the wait.

Overall , the bars, coins and rounds received were in VERY good condition, and pleasantly came in sealed tubes or in plastic sheets / flips ; Everything neatly and discreetly packed.

Since receiving the order i have compared daily, prices between APMEX, Kitco, Provident, JM Bullion, Goldsilver.com and Gainsville; The 6 companies who i consider big players within the bullion sales world. In my opinion, is APMEX the cheapest? Probably Not. Can you find other companies out there that will have lower over spot prices with free shipping? Maybe But in my opinion, APMEX makes up more for it with Superior customer service, a wider selection, and a reputation which they stand by, to the T. Besides, some of their "on sale" items, are priced lower then the other sites i just mentioned and they are offering free shipping for the Holidays..I guess finding the absolute best possible price, is not always possible or easy...But when dealing with APMEX, paying slightly more to me, is worth the small price to have that *** PEACE OF MIND ***; That my/your earned money won't just vanish into thin air one day...

APMEX was definitely the right company for me to take the plunge and i'm looking forward to ordering from them again..

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I've been a follower of precious metals for quite some time now (Mining Stocks and ETF's mostly) and finally took the plunged and ordered physical bullion about a month ago (Trying to get out of "paper gold and paper silver".) Being new to "stacking" i was concerned after doing research and hearing about the flood of counterfeits coming out of China, merchants stealing money (Tulving), super delayed shipping, receiving low quality or damaged bullion, etc. After extensive research, i decided to go with APMEX for my first order and I was glad that I did. I opted to mail in a check (which made the process much longer then some people would be comfortable with) but throughout the process, i received email updates such as when they received my check, when they processed the order, when the items were shipped, etc. Besides, anyone who wanted the items quicker, could have opted for quicker methods of payment but i decided to pay the lowest premium over spot and didnt' mind the wait.

Overall , the bars, coins and rounds received were in VERY good condition, and pleasantly came in sealed tubes or in plastic sheets / flips ; Everything neatly and discreetly packed.

Since receiving the order i have compared daily, prices between APMEX, Kitco, Provident, JM Bullion, Goldsilver.com and Gainsville; The 6 companies who i consider big players within the bullion sales world. In my opinion, is APMEX the cheapest? Probably Not. Can you find other companies out there that will have lower over spot prices with free shipping? Maybe But in my opinion, APMEX makes up more for it with Superior customer service, a wider selection, and a reputation which they stand by, to the T. Besides, some of their "on sale" items, are priced lower then the other sites i just mentioned and they are offering free shipping for the Holidays..I guess finding the absolute best possible price, is not always possible or easy...But when dealing with APMEX, paying slightly more to me, is worth the small price to have that *** PEACE OF MIND ***; That my/your earned money won't just vanish into thin air one day...

APMEX was definitely the right company for me to take the plunge and i'm looking forward to ordering from them again..
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.