Review Detail

Golden Eagle Coins
Gold Dealers

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Reviewed by Unhappy | September 16, 2015

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

THEY SIT ON YOUR MONEY AND DON'T MAIL PRODUCT FOR 15 DAYS!!!

Mailed Bank's Cashier Check for order... they have the right, per their "policies", to sit on the money for TEN DAYS! The thing is that they don't just hold it for ten days. THEY HOLD IT FOR 15 DAYS!!!!

And when you call, they tell you if you don't like how they do it, don't order from them.

Never again!

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

THEY SIT ON YOUR MONEY AND DON'T MAIL PRODUCT FOR 15 DAYS!!!

Mailed Bank's Cashier Check for order... they have the right, per their "policies", to sit on the money for TEN DAYS! The thing is that they don't just hold it for ten days. THEY HOLD IT FOR 15 DAYS!!!!

And when you call, they tell you if you don't like how they do it, don't order from them.

Never again!
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Jim
October 01, 2016
WTH, why the delay in shipping? Even though the law states 10 days why don't you take the initiative and ship once a money order or cashier check is received?
The review makes me doubt your credibility, not sure if I an going to order unless you can assure je what happened was an oversight.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you,
Silverballs
Written by Kelly Clover
January 12, 2017
It's unfortunate I did not see this website before ordering from Golden Eagle Coins. My experience with Golden Eagle Coins was very different from my previous experiences with both JM Bullion and APMEX. The other 2 companies shipped out the stuff I ordered online within 3 or 4 hours after I placed the order online.
The problems with Golden Eagle Coins not shipping out orders promptly can be traced to the arrogant attitude of the company's management. Because the business is located near Washington DC they are accustomed to dealing with multi-millionaire customers who order many $1000s worth of products. The management views more or less average customers as expendable. The management does not believe it's important to retain these more or less average customers by shipping out orders promptly, so delays anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks are par for the course. They have a disclosure regarding their extremely slow shipping practices on the website but it's hidden where many people won't see it until they have already ordered something online. Sadly I discovered this fact too late.
I live in a small city that does not have any significant precious metal stores. This is why I order the stuff online. Golden Eagle Coins offers a few products that many of its competitors do not offer and some of their products have smaller margins over the spot price as well. This is why I considered doing business with Golden Eagle Coins. But experience tells me that JM Bullion and APMEX are much better companies to do business with. At least there are no problems with unreasonable delay shipping out the product.
2 results - showing 1 - 2