Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Loyalty appears to be a one way street

Reviewed by Jeff | February 12, 2016

I've been using APMEX for over 3 years and have been very satisfied with the product and service, until now. I am a Platinum Member and that supposedly guarantees me loyalty rewards. Among those rewards is guaranteed delivery on credit card orders placed before 4 pm on a week day. I placed my order at 7:37 in the morning of 2/11/2016. I immediately received an email they had received payment and the order. I didn't hear anything else all day. Come Friday morning of 2/12 I called them to cancel the order. Obviously the Platinum Membership means nothing. I wanted to receive the order on Saturday, not next week. Well come and find out they charged $35 to cancel an order. Ok, you rewarded me for all my money and orders with promises you won't honor. I was not satisfied at all with their customer service person, they hardly seemed to have any skills in trying to resolve a customer complaint. Anyway I told her forget it, just ship the item and I'll shop elsewhere from now on. I don't think she cared less. Well anyway here it is, 12:30 on 2/12 and it still hasn't shipped. If I don't hear form them soon. I am done with APMEX for good.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I've been using APMEX for over 3 years and have been very satisfied with the product and service, until now. I am a Platinum Member and that supposedly guarantees me loyalty rewards. Among those rewards is guaranteed delivery on credit card orders placed before 4 pm on a week day. I placed my order at 7:37 in the morning of 2/11/2016. I immediately received an email they had received payment and the order. I didn't hear anything else all day. Come Friday morning of 2/12 I called them to cancel the order. Obviously the Platinum Membership means nothing. I wanted to receive the order on Saturday, not next week. Well come and find out they charged $35 to cancel an order. Ok, you rewarded me for all my money and orders with promises you won't honor. I was not satisfied at all with their customer service person, they hardly seemed to have any skills in trying to resolve a customer complaint. Anyway I told her forget it, just ship the item and I'll shop elsewhere from now on. I don't think she cared less. Well anyway here it is, 12:30 on 2/12 and it still hasn't shipped. If I don't hear form them soon. I am done with APMEX for good.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by maurice
February 27, 2016
I bought a 10 ounce gold coin. They sent me an e-mail that it would ship the next day. I called as I paid for overnight shipping they immediately corrected and sent my gold coin, and I received today.
1 results - showing 1 - 1