Review Detail

Gainesville Coins
Gold Dealers

don't buy!!!

Reviewed by KEN S | January 13, 2018

Gainesville Coins is a classic "Bait & Switch" con. I bought a gold bar from them and I was sent a "similar bar". I complained and they assured me they would make it up when the bar I originally wanted and paid became available. It did and they said to send the bar to them and they would exchange it. They would not pay S&H and they would not pro-rate the cost of the bar. So they expected me to pay THEM $80+ more for the bar I bought earlier due to the increase in gold spot. There are many many coin dealers out there- DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY GAINESVILLE.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Gainesville Coins is a classic "Bait & Switch" con. I bought a gold bar from them and I was sent a "similar bar". I complained and they assured me they would make it up when the bar I originally wanted and paid became available. It did and they said to send the bar to them and they would exchange it. They would not pay S&H and they would not pro-rate the cost of the bar. So they expected me to pay THEM $80+ more for the bar I bought earlier due to the increase in gold spot. There are many many coin dealers out there- DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY GAINESVILLE.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.