Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Disappointed

Reviewed by Dean | February 24, 2018

I placed an order on APMEX’s site for three Great Britain Gold Sovereign Avg Circ. When I opened my package, one out of the three coins was in a pretty bad shape. The coin had dings, scratches and was discolored. Out of curiosity I took it to three different places to get an appraisal for a potential future resale value. All three places, two numismatic stores and a jewelry store told me that due to the discoloration, dings and scratches the coin is worth half of what I end up paying for it. I am really disappointed to say the least. I have been a loyal customer for a while but after this incident, I am not sure if I will buy from APMEX again.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I placed an order on APMEX’s site for three Great Britain Gold Sovereign Avg Circ. When I opened my package, one out of the three coins was in a pretty bad shape. The coin had dings, scratches and was discolored. Out of curiosity I took it to three different places to get an appraisal for a potential future resale value. All three places, two numismatic stores and a jewelry store told me that due to the discoloration, dings and scratches the coin is worth half of what I end up paying for it. I am really disappointed to say the least. I have been a loyal customer for a while but after this incident, I am not sure if I will buy from APMEX again.

Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.