Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Never got my coins

Reviewed by Matt | February 15, 2019
Last updated: April 11, 2019

My order was never delivered and it was not a situation where the PO was saying they delivered and I was claiming it wasn't, even the PO website is still listing the package as "In Transit", it's been "in Transit" for over 3 mnths now.

I see people saying Apmex isn't responsible for the PO - YES, THEY ARE. All business source out certain things to 3rd parties and they're ultimately responsible for those 3rd parties. If you buy a TV from a store and get it home and it's broken you take it back to the store right? Did that store make the TV? No, but they sold it, they're responsible.

I ordered over $3300 worth of gold/silver from Apmex. Started out OK, my package arrived at a processing center that's about 25miles from my home, then it sat there and sat there. On the 5th day I started making calls, no one could find it so I put in a claim with Apmex.

They said they had to do an investigation and this investigation lasted over 2mnths, all that time I was stressed beyond words as my $3300 was in limbo and there was no guarantee the investigation would go in my favor.

After the grueling 2+ months they finally determined the package wasn't coming (duh). They no longer had the coins I wanted in stock so I couldn't get a replacement, they did refund my money but by now gold/silver prices had gone up so not only was I no longer able to get the coins I wanted but to get an equivalent amount of gold/silver would cost me an additional $140.

Did Apmex offer to compensate me for this - NO, notice tho how they have their "Market Loss Policy" if you make an order and then cancel, must be nice to have your cake and eat it too.

To those of you who like to claim Apmex isn't responsible for the PO in the end what does it matter who's fault it is - bottom line for the customer is this: Order from Apmex, you might get your coins, you might not.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
My order was never delivered and it was not a situation where the PO was saying they delivered and I was claiming it wasn't, even the PO website is still listing the package as "In Transit", it's been "in Transit" for over 3 mnths now.

I see people saying Apmex isn't responsible for the PO - YES, THEY ARE. All business source out certain things to 3rd parties and they're ultimately responsible for those 3rd parties. If you buy a TV from a store and get it home and it's broken you take it back to the store right? Did that store make the TV? No, but they sold it, they're responsible.

I ordered over $3300 worth of gold/silver from Apmex. Started out OK, my package arrived at a processing center that's about 25miles from my home, then it sat there and sat there. On the 5th day I started making calls, no one could find it so I put in a claim with Apmex.

They said they had to do an investigation and this investigation lasted over 2mnths, all that time I was stressed beyond words as my $3300 was in limbo and there was no guarantee the investigation would go in my favor.

After the grueling 2+ months they finally determined the package wasn't coming (duh). They no longer had the coins I wanted in stock so I couldn't get a replacement, they did refund my money but by now gold/silver prices had gone up so not only was I no longer able to get the coins I wanted but to get an equivalent amount of gold/silver would cost me an additional $140.

Did Apmex offer to compensate me for this - NO, notice tho how they have their "Market Loss Policy" if you make an order and then cancel, must be nice to have your cake and eat it too.

To those of you who like to claim Apmex isn't responsible for the PO in the end what does it matter who's fault it is - bottom line for the customer is this: Order from Apmex, you might get your coins, you might not.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.