Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

A very good experience for my first order from them!

Reviewed by Tyson Reinisch | October 06, 2019

A very good experience with my first order from APMEX. First off, it came very quickly. It was sent out faster then any other company I have purchased silver or gold from. The order was for 4 silver coins and one silver bar.

The packaged it very well. I am used to USPS destroying things that are sent to me, so this was nice to see it so well packaged. the silver was first wrapped in a little bubble envelope, then taped to the inside of a small but thick cardboard sleeve box. this double packaging method ensures that the silver doesn't slide around even if it takes a hit, and its away from the corners where hits most often can damage them.

2 of the coins came just in little plastic bags instead of flip. I didn't like that, but at least they where sealed in the plastic which does protect them. The bags are harder to inspect the coins because of the writing on them, but easier to keep them clean the two other coins came in plastic flips, that where then sealed in the little plastic bags. the Bar was in its own sealed plastic that was thick and lets me inspect the silver.

3 of the coins where absolutely perfect when I examined them. the South African Krugerrand has very slight tiny bumps on the outer rim of the front side. it is so slight however that I'm not concerned, and the dots seem to be from the manufacturing at the mint, not from any mishandling by APMEX.

The bar was the APMEX brand 1 ounce silver bar. The symbol and writing on the bar seems very nice and clean, however along the outside edge when looking face on to the bar, there was a noticable ridge that went along most but not all of the outside edge. looking edge on it didn't seem that it was a bent edge, so I can only assume its a tiny bit of extra silver. its not too bad, and the writing on the bar is very nice so overall I'm pleased. I will most likely be buying more of there brand bar because I like the look of it, so I will report back if the error is on all the bars or just the first one I bought.

Since I had no major issues with the order, I cant really comment on the customer service except that when I asked questions before purchasing, they did respond back to me. I received info from them on a frequent buyers program of some sort, and I will be using that in the future.

In all, I am very pleased with my first purchase from this company, and will be making more purchases in the near future of silver, and perhaps some platinum. I hope this review helps anyone interested in this company for buying there silver.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
A very good experience with my first order from APMEX. First off, it came very quickly. It was sent out faster then any other company I have purchased silver or gold from. The order was for 4 silver coins and one silver bar.

The packaged it very well. I am used to USPS destroying things that are sent to me, so this was nice to see it so well packaged. the silver was first wrapped in a little bubble envelope, then taped to the inside of a small but thick cardboard sleeve box. this double packaging method ensures that the silver doesn't slide around even if it takes a hit, and its away from the corners where hits most often can damage them.

2 of the coins came just in little plastic bags instead of flip. I didn't like that, but at least they where sealed in the plastic which does protect them. The bags are harder to inspect the coins because of the writing on them, but easier to keep them clean the two other coins came in plastic flips, that where then sealed in the little plastic bags. the Bar was in its own sealed plastic that was thick and lets me inspect the silver.

3 of the coins where absolutely perfect when I examined them. the South African Krugerrand has very slight tiny bumps on the outer rim of the front side. it is so slight however that I'm not concerned, and the dots seem to be from the manufacturing at the mint, not from any mishandling by APMEX.

The bar was the APMEX brand 1 ounce silver bar. The symbol and writing on the bar seems very nice and clean, however along the outside edge when looking face on to the bar, there was a noticable ridge that went along most but not all of the outside edge. looking edge on it didn't seem that it was a bent edge, so I can only assume its a tiny bit of extra silver. its not too bad, and the writing on the bar is very nice so overall I'm pleased. I will most likely be buying more of there brand bar because I like the look of it, so I will report back if the error is on all the bars or just the first one I bought.

Since I had no major issues with the order, I cant really comment on the customer service except that when I asked questions before purchasing, they did respond back to me. I received info from them on a frequent buyers program of some sort, and I will be using that in the future.

In all, I am very pleased with my first purchase from this company, and will be making more purchases in the near future of silver, and perhaps some platinum. I hope this review helps anyone interested in this company for buying there silver.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.