Review Detail

Kitco
Gold Dealers

Great service and low fees

Reviewed by Steve | November 02, 2019

After scouring locally and online for a low-fee service to buy my two $50 maple leafs, I discovered Kitco, which offered a mere $20 fee per coin, as opposed to the $50-$200 I was quoted, elsewhere. After a few e-mails between me and Kitco - - all of which were responded to within hours or the very next business day - - I was assured that the process wouldn't cost a cent more, and that I would get a check (there are other ways to receive funds) within 10 business days. After spending just over $20 on registered/insured mail (don't bother with the USPS "e-mail delivery notice" option; the registered tracking number gives you free tracking, and tells you when it was delivered (save the $2.00!), I was able to track the well-protected, plain, envelope (postmarked at the post office), through the next 8 business days, through which it travelled, which was oddly long, considering that the address was a post office just 30 miles away, but, the PO clerk warned me that the "chain of custody" is meticulous and slow, so, I took it in stride. Two business days, later, I rec'd an e-mail from Kitco saying they rec'd it, and that the check would be sent within 24 hours, and that I would receive it within 10 business days. Four days later, it was in my hands (it was sent from an out-of-state address, but, written on an in-state bank; go figure!), and was exactly what I expected, with no additional fees or any taxes, etc. I strongly recommend them to anyone thinking of selling their gold bullion: Avoid the angst of paying WAY too much at jeweler's, pawn shops, metal recyclers, etc!

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
After scouring locally and online for a low-fee service to buy my two $50 maple leafs, I discovered Kitco, which offered a mere $20 fee per coin, as opposed to the $50-$200 I was quoted, elsewhere. After a few e-mails between me and Kitco - - all of which were responded to within hours or the very next business day - - I was assured that the process wouldn't cost a cent more, and that I would get a check (there are other ways to receive funds) within 10 business days. After spending just over $20 on registered/insured mail (don't bother with the USPS "e-mail delivery notice" option; the registered tracking number gives you free tracking, and tells you when it was delivered (save the $2.00!), I was able to track the well-protected, plain, envelope (postmarked at the post office), through the next 8 business days, through which it travelled, which was oddly long, considering that the address was a post office just 30 miles away, but, the PO clerk warned me that the "chain of custody" is meticulous and slow, so, I took it in stride. Two business days, later, I rec'd an e-mail from Kitco saying they rec'd it, and that the check would be sent within 24 hours, and that I would receive it within 10 business days. Four days later, it was in my hands (it was sent from an out-of-state address, but, written on an in-state bank; go figure!), and was exactly what I expected, with no additional fees or any taxes, etc. I strongly recommend them to anyone thinking of selling their gold bullion: Avoid the angst of paying WAY too much at jeweler's, pawn shops, metal recyclers, etc!
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.