Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Inaccurate spot prices

Reviewed by David | May 27, 2020

Have been a customer of APMEX for many years. Until recently they always have what I’m looking for in stock, but I’m understanding due to the current world situation. My most recent order arrived faster than projected and was in great shape.

I continue to monitor gold prices and anticipate future gold purchases but just recently noticed that the current gold price on their website, which updates as the day goes on, was not what I was seeing on the NY stock exchange ticker. The price on the APMEX website was almost $20 higher. I thought it might be a lag in the updates, but when the trading day on Friday ended the numbers still didn’t match up. I gave it more time and have noticed this is an everyday occurrence.

So on top of now crazy high premiums on gold coins the spot price is higher than the actual spot price. I am still going to look for future gold purchases, but will be keeping a closer eye on prices!

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
Have been a customer of APMEX for many years. Until recently they always have what I’m looking for in stock, but I’m understanding due to the current world situation. My most recent order arrived faster than projected and was in great shape.

I continue to monitor gold prices and anticipate future gold purchases but just recently noticed that the current gold price on their website, which updates as the day goes on, was not what I was seeing on the NY stock exchange ticker. The price on the APMEX website was almost $20 higher. I thought it might be a lag in the updates, but when the trading day on Friday ended the numbers still didn’t match up. I gave it more time and have noticed this is an everyday occurrence.

So on top of now crazy high premiums on gold coins the spot price is higher than the actual spot price. I am still going to look for future gold purchases, but will be keeping a closer eye on prices!
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.