Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Poor customer service, shady business practices

Reviewed by Travis | September 12, 2022

Ordered a coin bezel and a coin to go with it. Coin bezel arrives first, poorly made (the jump ring was soldered on crooked) and the bail too small for my chain. To get a bail that would fit would be an additional $200, which I am not able to do.

I initiate a return on the bezel and cancel the coin order. Even though the coin had not shipped, and the price of gold went UP since my purchase, I was deducted a "Market Loss" penalty of $35.

Who knows what they will try and pull with the bezel return. Poorest customer experience I have had in a long time. They got me for $70, so buyer beware. Also, good luck getting an email response, and you're really out of luck if you want to use the chat that just says, "No agent available".

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Ordered a coin bezel and a coin to go with it. Coin bezel arrives first, poorly made (the jump ring was soldered on crooked) and the bail too small for my chain. To get a bail that would fit would be an additional $200, which I am not able to do.

I initiate a return on the bezel and cancel the coin order. Even though the coin had not shipped, and the price of gold went UP since my purchase, I was deducted a "Market Loss" penalty of $35.

Who knows what they will try and pull with the bezel return. Poorest customer experience I have had in a long time. They got me for $70, so buyer beware. Also, good luck getting an email response, and you're really out of luck if you want to use the chat that just says, "No agent available".
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.