Review Detail

CMI Gold & Silver Inc
Gold Dealers

Webiste hard to use and had slow shipping

Reviewed by a. Buntnel | February 25, 2012

These guys seem big until you talk to someone at the company. Not all that knowledgeable, their prices are higher than APMEX (which says a lot) and their shipping is slow. I would suggest comparison shopping.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
These guys seem big until you talk to someone at the company. Not all that knowledgeable, their prices are higher than APMEX (which says a lot) and their shipping is slow. I would suggest comparison shopping.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by David
June 12, 2013
After having worked with CMI Gold & Silver for nine+ years, I had to reply to this comment, first that "their shipping is slow." CMIGS prides itself on prompt shipments and regularly ships within two to three days of receipt of good funds. You can't say that about most dealers. Many customers wait weeks for product to be shipped...all the while the dealer tempers the market fluctuations in order to send when it benefits them versus the customer.

Second, CMIGS pricing. CMIGS is competitive with all major firms. Of course, there are times when smaller dealers have excess inventory that they cannot afford to hold and have to sell at reduced prices simply to reduce inventory. CMIGS maintains solid buy/sell bids and asks for all the popular bullion products. When times are good, small dealers can offer really good prices; but, when the market is hectic few dealers can compare with CMIGS. Not to mention, the phrase "you get what you pay for" holds true in the metals industry just like any other. Even if CMIGS' prices were higher like you claim, their service far outweighs the other guys and when you're wiring $200K. It seems reasonable that going with a reputable firm is worth a couple cents over spot.

Finally, it is ridiculous to say that the brokers at CMIGS are "Not all that knowledgeable." CMIGS' brokers are trained by Bill Haynes who has 40 continuous years experience as a precious metals bullion dealer. In fact, Haynes pioneered the gold/silver bullion retail industry in the U.S. Further, Haynes has made the study of Austrian economics his avocation, which means that he understands money and the role that gold and silver play in a sound monetary system. His blog is frequented be even his competitors. What other dealer websites out there are have such a strong focus on educating the consumer over pushing product. Wouldn't it ring true that their internal culture follow the same M.O.?

I encourage anyone searching for a trustworthy dealer to call multiple dealers and include CMIGS in the lot. You'll quickly notice that their non-commission brokers are helpful and will put your mind at ease. Remember, peace of mind goes a long way and that's precisely what you'll receive with CMI.
1 results - showing 1 - 1