Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Read this before you buy Proof Silver from Apmex.

Reviewed by john nelson | June 26, 2012

Order 60 Proof silver dollars ranging 1986 - 2012. All coins received however upon inspection I found the most horrific quality coins I have ever come across in collecting. I had ordered a large quantity of brand new 2012 proofs which of course were all mint. The older dates (2010 and earler) however ranged from dull looking to light spotting, to full blown discoloration and dark spots all over the coins. I am amazed and shocked they would ship this condition of coin. I feel like I have been stolen from, there return policy is 3 days which I missed because I travel for work. Anyway, I had heard they had practices like this in the past but to have it done to yourself... well lets just say I wanted to warn everyone. My sales rep wont call me back anymore after I told him what happened, which is funny because they were happy to call me to get me to order. disappointed would be an understatement.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Order 60 Proof silver dollars ranging 1986 - 2012. All coins received however upon inspection I found the most horrific quality coins I have ever come across in collecting. I had ordered a large quantity of brand new 2012 proofs which of course were all mint. The older dates (2010 and earler) however ranged from dull looking to light spotting, to full blown discoloration and dark spots all over the coins. I am amazed and shocked they would ship this condition of coin. I feel like I have been stolen from, there return policy is 3 days which I missed because I travel for work. Anyway, I had heard they had practices like this in the past but to have it done to yourself... well lets just say I wanted to warn everyone. My sales rep wont call me back anymore after I told him what happened, which is funny because they were happy to call me to get me to order. disappointed would be an understatement.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.